PDA

View Full Version : (UPDATE: We picked a name.) What girl names do you like?

kristine_elen
06-22-2005, 03:38 PM
We named her Sasha. She was born August 9.
----------

When I was pg with Jack, we had an easy time coming up with girl names, but this time around (when it's actually a girl), the names are eluding us.

Are there any that you really like? Used or unused. We'd like something not too mainstream, but not totally wacky either. Last name is Scandinavian and ends in -son, so we're avoiding names that have that type of ending (like Madison or Sharon).

Thanks for any suggestions!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/28842.jpg

Sarah1
06-22-2005, 03:47 PM
I love Audrey :P

Seriously! I do! I'm having the same problem you're having w/girl names. I think we have decided on one though...but I'm not telling. :)

jk3
06-22-2005, 03:48 PM
Names I like:

Carson/Carsyn (I know you mentioned no -on endings but I love this name and it's our cousin's name so we can never use it)
Scarlett
Chloe
Ava
Annabelle
Alexa
Brynn
Olivia

Jenn
DS 6/3/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

smilequeen
06-22-2005, 03:52 PM
Simon would have been Ava. We won't be using Ava if we have a girl next time though (too popular for us). What is left on our list is...Eva, Nora, Charlotte, Georgia, Iris, and Sadie. I also love Lily and Lydia but our last name starts with an L.

aliceinwonderland
06-22-2005, 03:58 PM
Erik would have been Katja Adéle. I also like Zara, and had a HOST of girl names lined up, but that I do not seem to recall now.

e.

babystuffbuff
06-22-2005, 03:59 PM
My favorite girl's name in the world is Charlotte. :)

Others I like:

Isabella
Madeline
Catherine (my mom's name, also DH's grandmother, so it has personal meaning for us)
Ella

I knew a girl in high school named Noa, and she was very sweet so I have always liked that name for a girl, even though it is "traditionally" a boy's name. I don't know if that is too wacky for you, though. :)

Good luck -- I am really looking forward to picking out names for my kids!

Sarah

ETA: I also LOVE Stella, but DH says it makes him think of "A Streetcar Named Desire" so it is out for our babies. :P

kristine_elen
06-22-2005, 04:00 PM
You know what's funny, Sarah? I like the name Sarah! (One of my best friends is named Sarah and I just like the way it rolls out of the mouth.) Audrey is a great name, too!
PS: Do you know it's a girl?

babymama
06-22-2005, 04:00 PM
Funny...I like Lydia too :P

The nickname my family calls me is Lili.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03 and
One on the way, due 01/03/06

jbowman
06-22-2005, 04:02 PM
My favorite names for girls:

Elizabeth (Ellie--that's DD)
Lucy (Lucia)
Jane
Eve
Jeryldene
Ilaria (love it, but think it would be too difficult in the US)

and one more that I'll use if I have a girl, so I'm not telling anyone ;)

kristine_elen
06-22-2005, 04:03 PM
Katja - how do you pronounce that? KAH-tya?

babymama
06-22-2005, 04:04 PM
If Santiago were a girl, he would have been named Sabrina. Now that I'm expecting and we're not sure we'll find out gender, I'm reconsidering Sabrina. I'm not sure that I like it as much as I liked it before.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03 and
One on the way, due 01/03/06

JBaxter
06-22-2005, 04:06 PM
Caroline
Mia
Rachel
Zoe
Marah
Slone
Jenna
Lauren
I kinda bounce all over with girls names.

aliceinwonderland
06-22-2005, 04:06 PM
but I like the way "katja" is written much better :)

I'll never get to use it since we're adopting next, but I sure love that name!!
e.

hobey
06-22-2005, 04:13 PM
DS would have been Rebecca Elisabeth.

I also liked Catriona (pronouced Katrina), Nicole, and Cameron (Cammi).

Raquel
Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

kristine_elen
06-22-2005, 04:17 PM
I met a little girl named Katja (don't know spelling) and that name did stick in my mind as a cute one. I think her family is moving out of state, so they probably wouldn't mind if I borrowed it. Our last name starts with a K sound (spelled w/a C), but I think that would be OK.

bluej
06-22-2005, 04:20 PM
For girls I like

Alex (Alexandra) :)
Laurel
Naida
Naomi
Fiona
Paige
Brielle
Brynn

aliceinwonderland
06-22-2005, 04:21 PM
Oh, you should. There aren't enough Katja-s in the world!!

Please let me know if you do. If would make me happy (for some odd reason??)

:)e.

RwnMayfair
06-22-2005, 04:27 PM
Thank goodness it's not just me! We cannot, for the life of us, come up with a girl's name that strikes me as being "it". Either that, or I like it, and my husband responds with, "Ehhh..." or "We can't use that, people might look at us funny." (I haven't figured out the second one yet - it's not as if I'm making up names, these really are actual names I'm giving him when I get that response.)

We have managed to come up with a boy's name "just in case", but this one is supposed to be a girl. And last time we had a much easier time coming up with a list of girl's names...and we of course didn't save the list either. ;)

Anyway, I can't be much help since we haven't accomplished a name yet, but I wanted to let you know you're not alone!

-Melissa

Taran, November 20, 2003

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif - Eighteen months!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/031120/0/5/0/-5/.png
http://lilypie.com/days/050821/4/0/0/-5/.png

lmintzer
06-22-2005, 04:31 PM
My favorite girl's name is Gabrielle. It's not too common (I think there's just one or two on these boards, for ex.) but it's not "out there" either. I am not a fan of picking trendy names--I can only imagine how they'll sound in a decade or two. Of course, it that's someone preference, hey--knock yourself out--it's your baby and you should like the name.

A kind of funky but neat name that I've heard is "Zoria". Someone was looking for a "Zoe-like" name that was a little different and picked this. It sounds like it could be a Greek name but wasn't in this case.

I also like Anna, Ellie, Maya, and Mia a lot too.

ETA: my brother's girlfriend has a cool name--Anneke (although I don't know if that's how she spells it--it could be Anneka or maybe something else entirely). It's pronounced "Ah-neh-kah".

psophia17
06-22-2005, 04:33 PM
Some of my faves for girls:

Eliana (If DS was a girl, he would've been Eliana, Ellie for short, but it has since been retired from our list of girls names)
Rose
Cora
Willa (DH says no way, ever)
Sophia
May
Maeve

HTH!

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
06-22-2005, 04:34 PM
Sophie! I love this name so much that if I had been expecting a girl I was going to rename my 13 YO shih tzu so I could use it for my child. Also love Olivia, Claire and Kate (not Katie).

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04

icunurse
06-22-2005, 04:43 PM
Our name list for both boys and girls keeps growing (and then deleted as we wonder "what were we thinking!?"). Some on our list:
Eliza
Kalista
Perris/Paris
Marrin
Julia
Isabella
Delia

Traci
~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
Agency paperwork completed - waiting for #2!

Wife_and_mommy
06-22-2005, 04:45 PM
Do you mind if I use it? :) For some reason I want any girls to have names ending in -ia. -Ja would be close enough since it's the same sound. I like it spelled Katja too.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

Our second morsel due early February 2006!

jbowman
06-22-2005, 04:46 PM
I've seen the name spelled Annika--ITA, that is a beautiful name!

heatherlynn
06-22-2005, 04:50 PM
My favorite is Gabrielle - DD's name. For this baby, we're considering:

Annika (we're both part Swedish and my maiden name also ends in -son)
Charlotte (DH's fave)
Brigit (I think this is so cute)
Erin
Sophia
Alexandra

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
and #3 edd 11/05 (it's a girl!)

aliceinwonderland
06-22-2005, 04:52 PM
Of course I don't mind!! Because I can't really use it(there is a 0.5%chance we actually change the name of our adoptive child(ren), but that will be a last resort thing), it would actually make me happy to know that there's a little girl in the world called that :)

I have loved that name for a very long time :):)

e.

aliceinwonderland
06-22-2005, 04:53 PM
And a dear friend of mine is "Azra", and I love that too :)

deborah_r
06-22-2005, 04:54 PM
The girls name we decided on before we knew we were having a boy was Lucy. Maybe Lucille, nickname Lucy; we hadn't gotten that far. Middle name would have been (and will be if we have a girl ever) Alma, after DH's grandmother.

jbowman
06-22-2005, 04:54 PM
That is pretty--oh, and I love Astrud as well (can you tell I am a Bossanova fan ;)?).

jbowman
06-22-2005, 04:57 PM
I love Lucy (that should be the title of a tv show ;))! That was my great grandmother's name. I'm also a fan of St. Lucy, LOL, and the fact that Lucy means "light." Always the art historian...but if we have a boy, he won't be named Michelangelo :).

deborah_r
06-22-2005, 04:58 PM
I just met a 13 month old named "Eira". I think her mother said it was pronounced kind of like "ara". I'm still not sure exactly how to pronouce it. I think it is a Welsh name. The mom is from England.

saschalicks
06-22-2005, 04:59 PM
Here's my list (if it's a girl):

Zoe
Alexa
Isabel
Halia (means Beloved One in Hawaiian)
Ella (DH's favorite)
Felicity (DH says no way)

HTH

ETA:
Middle name will be Helena (for my grandmother) or Hayden if Helena doesn't sound good. If DS was a girl she would have been Hannah Payton

MelissaTC
06-22-2005, 05:00 PM
Matthew would have been Camryn if he was a girl...

Hayden
Madeline
Mikayla
Makenna
Natalie
Guinevere
Sarah
Isabel (Grandmoher's name)
Ashling
Hailey
Carin
Darcy
Meredith (it's my sister's name)
Gretchen
Greta
Kelsey
Meryl

beckyr88
06-22-2005, 05:11 PM
Sarah--I love Stella too!!! :)

I also love Ava, Charlotte, Petra and Sophia!

Good luck!

c2lane
06-22-2005, 05:16 PM
I can so relate.

DH and I had THE hardest time coming up with a name we both agreed on for this 2nd baby. When I was pregnant with Dillan, we loved the name Rachael but then decided on Dillan. This time around I just figured we go with Rachael but DH insisted we choose another unisex name.

I came home with lists of names all of which DH vetoed. I was sure this child would be nameless until well after birth.

We finally made a short of list of names and agreed on a name that I actually LOVE. The name we're choosing for 2nd DD is Addison and I know you mentioned you didn't want it to end in -son.

I'll add some suggestions to the many great ones you've received:

Rachael
Grace
Haley
Ashlyn

~Carrie
mom to Dillan Rose 01/02/04
& our 2nd blessing due 10/6/05

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040102/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]
http://lilypie.com/days/051006/2/5/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

kensjen
06-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Girl names are really hard for me. Last time we had 5 names picked out and we hadn't decided which one we wanted to use. Good thing we had a boy!

Most of those names have since been crossed off, so we are starting over. I wish we had some better family names to work with, but we really don't.

I love some of the suggestions here, they've got me thinking! Good luck choosing, I know how hard it is!!

Sarah1
06-22-2005, 06:25 PM
No, we don't know!

But I like the name Sarah too. And I have yet to meet a baby or toddler named Sarah (w/the exception of Beth's Sarah)! I don't think it's very popular these days.

momathome
06-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Miranda
Alexandra
Aurelia
Anneliese
Marlee
Maya
Liza :)
Kasey :)
Julia :)

jasabo
06-22-2005, 06:36 PM
I love Makenna, Mac for short. I think it's sweet and classic, but using Mac makes it fun.

Before I ever even got married, Emma Kate was one of my top pics. Also classic and sweet. But Emma's become pretty popular lately.

Camden was also high on my list. She'd have been Cammi for short.

Girl names are so much fun to think up :)

Lisa - mom to 2 yr old twin boys

Puddy73
06-22-2005, 07:25 PM
Since you have a Scandinavian last name, how about Linnea or Annika? I'm Swedish and I love these names, but they don't sound right with our WASPy last name.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/03 & a little pumpkin due 10/05

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

tarahsolazy
06-22-2005, 07:42 PM
Forrest would have been Annika or Arden, if he were a girl.
Arden is still pretty high on our list.

I also like:

Ruth
Berit (VERY Norweigan, DH's grandma and aunt)
Trinity
Wren
Fern (LOVE this, DH hates)
Francis (or -es, whichever is the traditional feminine form)
Nell (favorite book character, Neal Stephenson's The Diamond Age)

alkagift
06-22-2005, 07:45 PM
I love Eleanor. I don't know why, but it is completely my favorite and would sound like absolute trash with my last name (it almost rhymes, so it's out).

I also love Cecilia, Julia, and Katharine.

Some others from my husband's Spanish family that I like:

Carmen
Esperanza (means Hope)
Estella

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, who is TWO!

hez
06-22-2005, 08:00 PM
I knew a Katya at work-- I like the way you spell it better :)

lisaE
06-22-2005, 08:01 PM
I've always loved Morgan.

hez
06-22-2005, 08:14 PM
I have a name picked out (I'm hoarding it 'cause it's not even on the top 1000 list!) for if we ever have a girl. If I didn't have the name already, I really like the name Eliza (pronounced Eleet'-za). A coworker of mine who's Bulgarian pronounces it that way-- I like both the name and the person very well.

tbriese
06-22-2005, 08:48 PM
for what it's worth...i think a "fern" would be awesome with "forrest"

tbriese
06-22-2005, 08:53 PM
i loved vivianne but DH didn't like it. however, i was able to get him to consider just vivian (we ended up picking naomi).

Mikesa3
06-22-2005, 09:12 PM
If my youngest had been a girl I would have picked Julia/Julie. Also I love the name Marisa. My 3 dds names are Kelly,Sarah and Bethany so of course I love those names .:-)
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

August Mom
06-22-2005, 09:22 PM
It's a good thing we didn't have girl. We could not agree on a name.

Some possibilities:

Alanna
Amelia
Ashlyn
Annelise
Audra
Camille
Becca
Belle
Danae
Elise
Ella
Elle
Gabrielle
Genevieve
Isabelle
Isabella
Janna
Jocelyn
Larissa
Laurel
Lauren
Liesel
Paige
Rachael
Rebecca
Regan
Riley
Sarah
Sophia
Zoe

ETA: Chloe

ETA: Livia

buddyleebaby
06-22-2005, 09:37 PM
I like Layla, Caroline, and Graciella.

ColorBlue
06-22-2005, 10:30 PM
Your list is great!! But I may be a bit biased!

Tracy

Grace...my big three year old girl.
Ella and Madeline...my little eight month old girls.

lukkykatt
06-22-2005, 10:34 PM
My faves are:

Natalie
Nadine
Veronica
Eva
Marina
Geneva
Vienna

DS' favorite is Annalisa - I have no idea where he came up with that, but I like it!

mommy_someday
06-22-2005, 10:42 PM
A few from our list are:

Norah (sadly, sorta rhymes with our last name so it's out)
Corinne
Natalia/Natalie (probably what we'll go with if we ever have a girl)
Noelle
Brynn
Mya
Claire
Kara
Hannah

I had the hardest time coming up with girl names that I liked. DH and I are convinced it's because we were having a boy, like my intuition/subconscious was telling me not to worry about girl names. :O) Good luck choosing! Have fun with it!

pixelprincess
06-23-2005, 01:01 AM
Mira
Uma
Annika
Anjuli

that's all I can think of now :-)

ribbit1019
06-23-2005, 08:12 AM
Well we liked Madison....al La Maddy ;)
But if you want original try:

Freyja pronounced (FRAY - AH)

I LOVE that name, and if my friend hadn't named her daughter that I would have totally stolen it!

Other wise if/when we have another girl she will be

Elizabeth

My middle name and DH's late beloved grandmother's first name.

Syndey and Olivia are other favs, but they are so common...

Christy
Maddy aka "Diggle"

Maddy says "Uh-oh and OOOoooOOO!"

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif

hannah
06-23-2005, 09:05 AM
DDs name is Annika. Our last name is also Scandinavian and ends in -son. It's a fairly common last name which is why we picked Annika - we wanted something a little different. Other names we considered (we knew we were having a girl) were: Madeline and Lily.

mysweetboy
06-23-2005, 11:03 AM
There are so many beautiful names on this list that I'm sure that you'll find one that you love, Kristine. We've had our girl's name decided since we were pregnant w/Charlie, and it was mentioned in this thread...not sharing though since we want it to be a surprise. A couple others that were mentioned were Audrey (Sarah, I LOVE that name) and Riley (DH likes it).

Good luck deciding!

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 5/04
and a sweet baby girl due 10/05!

kristine_elen
06-23-2005, 12:53 PM
I've been toying with Freja, actually!

Momof3Labs
06-23-2005, 12:59 PM
I like classic names, but so many of them are getting so common (I like less common ones).

Corinne is one that comes to mind. I really like Michaela, too (pronounced like Mikayla but a more classic spelling, I think - that's how a college friend spelled it).

Ellen, Jane, Kathryn, Caroline, Ann/a...

caridura
06-23-2005, 01:10 PM
I love Olivia. :P

But, other names that were on my list while pregnant are: Eva, Ava, Lily, Madeline, Carys, Ella and Giselle. Not too wacky but not too mainstream was something I was also trying for. :)

caridura
06-23-2005, 01:13 PM
Ooh, Ilaria sounds lovely! :)

ribbit1019
06-23-2005, 01:49 PM
OOH you should do it because I can't! lol
Of course I am partial to Christine/Kristine too, but I am sure you don't want to go down that route....
Kristine Jr. lol

Christy
Maddy aka "Diggle"

Maddy says "Uh-oh and OOOoooOOO!"

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif

stillplayswithbarbies
06-23-2005, 01:53 PM
Two names that I considered for Logan:

Vanessa
Clara

mama2galpals
06-23-2005, 02:03 PM
how about riley, isabella, emily, hayley, cayleigh, sophia, or caroline? :)

rita
mommy to
olivia '97
stella '00
emma '03

There is no remedy for love but to love more.
--Henry David Thoreau

http://lilypie.com/baby3/030123/3/4/1/+10/.png

mama2galpals
06-23-2005, 02:05 PM
ooo i LOVE clara. that is a good one!

rita
mommy to
olivia '97
stella '00
emma '03

There is no remedy for love but to love more.
--Henry David Thoreau

http://lilypie.com/baby3/030123/3/4/1/+10/.png

cchavez
06-23-2005, 02:16 PM
IF we have a girl, I really like Mia Gabrielle. My other choices are:

Allison Mia
Mireya
Elena

Ilaria is beautiful!

TraciG
06-23-2005, 02:43 PM
Sydney ( of course )

U can look at baby name book's to get more idea's, when I was pregnant me & my DH sat in Border's & looked through books .

For me though it was easy, I just loved the name Sydney for a girl I am very happy I used this name, I haven't heard anyone else at the park named Sydney , also my in-laws didn't like it but now they do !!!!

spencersmommy
06-23-2005, 02:43 PM
We had the hardest time agreeing on girl names, too. Luckily, we had 2 boys! Spencer would have been "Kendyl" if he was a girl. Cooper, we couldn't agree. I like Sophie, Chloe, and Avery. My friend's DD is Hadley and I love that name. She got it from a student she taught one year. I've seen it spelled Hadleigh, too. Cute! :-)

tigalig
06-23-2005, 03:13 PM
I have not read all the pps, so please forgive me if this has been suggested already. I love the name Emma, but if we have another daughter someday, we'll name her Margot (pronounced without the "t") in honor of my grandmother (Spanish descent). If you want to name your daughter after my gm, feel free. :)

nola
06-23-2005, 03:29 PM
(Shameless, I'm sorry) Our daughter is Anna. Both of us l-o-v-e the name. Our affection for the name has only increased because she has a really great personality.
My second...hard to match, but here is my proposal list to the hubby.
Isabella
Natalia/Natalie/Nadia (probably be the top choice)
Julia
Evangeline, Emmeline (nice, but probably won't make the cut)
Jenna
Lauren
Sophia
Haley
Lisa

Others I really like, but wont work for us:
Names that incorporate some form of Ann (Diana, Joanna, Vivianne, Lilianna,etc)
Hannah (same problem as above, except it gets its separate mention because my husband really loves the name and still brings it up as a contender for the second. LOL)
Ella, Elle, Ellie
Nicole
Claire (This one was my favorite. But, really anything beginning with the K or C sound gets crossed out by the husband)
Scarlet

Good luck with the naming.
N

aliceinwonderland
06-23-2005, 04:37 PM
Livia.

e.

Judegirl
06-23-2005, 08:24 PM
Oooh, Tarah, if I ever have a girl, I might have to steal Arden....what a great name!!

For girls I also like:

Riley (too popular for us now, but I love it)
Jordan (ditto - dh and I agreed on it YEARS ago, but then it got so popular. I was crushed.)
Jesse
I go back and forth on Piper...but most of the time I love it.
Jude ;)
Quinn
Alex (Riordan was SO close to being an Alex, but I balked because people would assume it was short for Alexandra or Alexa. LOL)

Have fun,
Jude

Judegirl
06-23-2005, 08:28 PM
Oh, Logan!! I forgot Logan! (I'm sorry, Karen!) That was number 3 or 4 on our list...we love that name for a girl! :)

Jude

stillplayswithbarbies
06-23-2005, 09:36 PM
:)

I don't want Logan to get too popular, but I don't want her to be the only one in her age group either.

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif

Corie
06-23-2005, 09:44 PM
I LOVE my sister's name, Regan.
It is pronounced with a long "e" sound. (Not like
President Reagan.)

I also LOVE my daughter's name, Carson.
(I know that this isn't what you are looking for
with your last name.)

Good Luck! :)

knaidel
06-23-2005, 09:49 PM
My favorite:

Alexis
Maya
Katie
Sarah
Lauren
Emily
Phoebe
I have different images of the type of person I envision with each of these names.... KWIM? For instance, I picture an "Emily" as very refined, warm

My favorite Israeli/Hebrew names (not that you'd use them, just thought I throw them out)
Maayan (a wellspring)
Talia (dew)
Geela (happiness)
Meira (light)

Weren't we once discussing Irish names? I like Moira, Fiona and Caitlin.

american_mama
06-24-2005, 01:33 AM
Tarah: I had Arden on my short list before Amara was born. Great minds, you know! For Annelise, Eden was our second choice.

To Kristine: I wasn't going to add any, but everyone else is having so much fun.

Milena (Lena could be a nickname and is very Scandinavian)
Carina or Karina
Amelie (I knew a Swedish girl named this)
Elaine or Elaina
Caroline Carolina (a great, sweet current Swedish hepathlete who is an awesome role model)
Elisabeth
Elsa or Else or Ilse
Persis, nickname Percy (I usually hate nicknames, but think this is so cute)
Neva (pronounced NEE-va)
Juliet
Annemie (the name of my Belgian midwife)
Mira
Kendall
Kellen (currently the name of a college football player, but I like it for a boy or girl)

I think I am going with an international theme tonight.

jamsmu
06-24-2005, 09:11 PM
I had an Anika in my last 4th grade class--I loved her name!

jamsmu
06-24-2005, 09:21 PM
Carson would have been Hannah. Our other fave names then were Morgan and Ainsley.

I'm keeping my names a secret, but I will tell you that both Charlotte (I love Charli for a girl's nickname) and Caroline are 2 of my faves and both were vetoed. I also like Sydney, Schuyler, Kerrin, Kaylin, Caitlin (nickname Cait), and Samantha--but they aren't making it into our finals.

NEVE and TRISTAN
06-25-2005, 12:23 PM
My moms neighbor who is knock out of a women- so pretty and filled with stories of her youth that she should write a book about is "Marita" (spelling unknown by me)...she is Dutch.

Petra's post above made me think of her name.

I also love Natashia (in many spellings) but it was my cousins name.
Neve
Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (2) and baby girl Bronwyn born March 10th!!!!

Tracey
06-25-2005, 01:30 PM
Here's a few that are in consideration for us if we have another girl:
Helena
Manon
Camilla (nn Cam)
Iris
Louisa (nn Luli or Lulu)

8isenough
06-25-2005, 07:59 PM
We are done having children but if we weren't and the baby was a girl, I really love the name Avery. Classic, different, and distinguishable. Savannah just rolls off your tongue. Very old southern belle-ish and pretty. Brooke evokes a connotation of a strong independant yet approachable woman to me.
Let us know what you decide and have fun!

Sterling

sbjf
06-25-2005, 09:05 PM
Here are some of my favorites:

Delaney
Anna
Mary
Gina
Charlotte
Antoinette
Phoebe
Anneliese
Tess

:-)

Let us know what you choose!

HannaAddict
06-26-2005, 02:42 AM
I like Avery too. I don't know any Avery's at all, but I just have this feeling that it is going to get popular. KWIM. We didn't know any Owen's at all, none, nadda, zip, when we chose it and have been meeting them all over since having my son. That is fine, he is still an Owen but how does this happen! We didn't tell anyone the name beforehand either (since we didn't want to hear critical or unsolicited opinions). But I do like Avery.

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

stillplayswithbarbies
06-27-2005, 09:09 AM
I just thought of another one, although this is a gender neutral name and maybe not what you had in mind.

I was talking to a Gymboree cashier one day about Logan's name and she said they had considered the name Logan for their daughter, but branched out from that and ended up using "Landon". I think it's a classy and strong name for a girl.

Corie
06-27-2005, 10:39 AM
I have heard a couple of little girls named "Landry".
I really like this name too!

loewymartin
06-27-2005, 11:56 AM
I have no suggestions as we are going through this right now too! I had a handful of names on my "list" and DH just gave me his list. I think he had 5 names on there, and I didn't like any :(

There are a few on my list that he can live with - but none that stand out to him as The One. Why is this process so hard?! I know why, but still - I wish a name would just pop out as us as being perfect and I could then move onto all the other things I need to get in order before this baby gets here :)

Good luck!

Michelle
Mom to Alia born 5/16/02 and the GIRL! peanut due 8/13/05

cvharris
06-27-2005, 12:22 PM
We also like Avery! It is the frontrunner for this baby if it is a girl!

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)
Baby #2 due 12/22/05

c2lane
06-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Love both Logan & Landry - neither of which go with our last name, Lane :(

~Carrie
mom to Dillan Rose 01/02/04
& our 2nd blessing due 10/6/05

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040102/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]
http://lilypie.com/days/051006/2/5/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

cmdunn1972
06-27-2005, 09:48 PM
I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to choosing names. My personal favorite is Elisabeth Ann.

houseof3boys
08-16-2005, 09:04 AM
Congratulations Kristine!

Sasha is gorgeous. :)

kensjen
08-16-2005, 09:12 AM
Kristine,
She is beautiful!! And love the name!! Congrats on the birth of your precious girl. Enjoy your babymoon.

:)

jhaud
08-16-2005, 09:29 AM
i'm happy to see genevieve made the list... i was going to add it if i didn't see it! that's my dd's name and we love it... my name is jennifer and so she will not be a gen or genny but we have used gigi and gena with her (as well as a slew of other nicknames)

we always get compliments on her name (from those who can pronounce it - mil calls her Jenny - not even with a g which is really annoying me) and it is not at all common! we like traditional but not popular!

Sarah1
08-16-2005, 02:09 PM
OMG!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

DDowning
08-16-2005, 03:49 PM
Congratulations - Welcome little Sasha!

Saartje
08-16-2005, 05:58 PM
Oh, my. A gorgeous name for an even more gorgeous baby girl. Congratulations, Kristine, and thank you for sharing her name and photo with us.

momtoemma
08-16-2005, 07:29 PM
Welcome Sasha! Congratulations Kristine! Sasha is beautiful!