PDA

View Full Version : crying at the sitter

tbriese
06-22-2005, 08:33 PM
DD is just shy of 6 months old. she's been going to jean's for over 3 months now and had been doing great! the last couple weeks, though she's been having crying fits. usually it's in the morning but 1-2x DH has arrived in the afternoon to pick her up and she's crying...she'll stop and smile as soon as she sees him. yesterday she cried for 2 hours! she also cried for my dad and stepmom when they were here last weekend and i think she's also been a bit fussier for teenager that watches her at church and for a couple of dates we've been on (however, devon is quite good at getting DD to calm down).

DD goes to sitter on tues, wed, fri. she's with me on mon, thurs and with DH on sat. we are both home on sunday.

i'm guessing this is separation anxiety but i thought that happened closer to 12 months. i'm assuming there's not much i can do short of quitting my job to stay home (can't happen) and stop going on dates with my husband (too important to us). i am comfortable with my DD safety while in the care of these sitters. i was looking to see if anyone had any advice.