PDA

View Full Version : 2 of your kids guests at the same party, double gifts?

Twin Mom
06-22-2005, 09:47 PM
Since I have twins, right now they are generally both invited to the same birthday parties. Do you spend more on the birthday gift if 2 kids are attending vs. what you would spend if only 1 of your kids was invited? If you do, do you spend double or less than that? I hadn't really given it much thought until recently, but now I'm wondering what other people do.

Thanks.

elliput
06-22-2005, 10:00 PM
If I it were my child's party, I would be extremely surprised and delighted if more than one gift was given by the same family. If I had two children going to someone else's party - hmmm it would depend on the relationship I have with the other family. Close friends I would be willing to spend more on, and thus more likely to get more than one gift than for school or daycare friends.

shishamo
06-22-2005, 10:59 PM
Hi,

If my child were invited to a party for a twin, I would bring two gifts (one per child), so I would expect the same if I had two child attending as guests (bring two gifts: one per child), I think. Just to be fair, so to speak.

I usually spend $10 per gift for a so-so friend, more for a close friend.

redhookmom
06-22-2005, 11:31 PM
When both of my children are invited to a party they both want to carry a gift. So, I have to get 2. If carrying the gift was not the issue I think I would still get 2.

Crisyn
06-23-2005, 12:02 AM
I have wondered this too, as I am expecting twins.
I agree with the previous poster - I would expect that guests would bring two gifts, so I think it is fair that I would also send two gifts when my kids went to other's parties.
However, when it comes to monetary value - I would NOT expect a guest to bring two gifts, each worth the same value as they would have spent if only bringing one. And, I myself, probably wouldn't spend double the amount for another child's gifts either.
For example, if most parents typically spend $15 on a gift for a child's b-day party, I might spend $20 on two gifts.
I don't think anyone would fault you for not spending double!

heatherlynn
06-23-2005, 05:57 AM
A friend of mine has twins and I asked her about this once when we first met. She said she brings 2 gifts. She says they are each a guest and and the host provides cake, ice cream, goodie bags, etc for each one so each child should bring something. She said they are no different than any other 2 guests who were invited.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
and #3 edd 11/05 (it's a girl!)

JBaxter
06-23-2005, 06:24 AM
I would go with either 2 gifts or more probably 1 more expensive gift. My oldest 2 sons are invited to alot of neighborhood bday parties and we usually send one gift but spend more on it.
Jeana

g-mama
06-23-2005, 11:37 AM
This is interesting. I guess different people - or groups of people - handle it differently. Both of my boys are often invited to parties even though the birthday child is almost always a friend of my older ds. We always bring one gift because it's more like the little one is invited simply because he's my son and to eliminate the need for me to hire a babysitter. I do the same when I have a party, and I've never received (or even imagined we'd get) two gifts. I just write both of my ds' names on the card and the gift is from both of them.

Kristen
Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
and a third one coming in december '05!