PDA

View Full Version : Need help posting photos/editing

momtoemma
06-23-2005, 12:47 PM
I'm having the hardest time posting clear photos. Here's the deal. I have my digital camera set on a pretty high res setting, so the pics we take are HUGE. I always resize them when I go to post them on the net or e-mail them to others, but they seem to turn out blurry/pixelated once I resize them. I also have this problem when I go to create a new avatar. When I size it to the appropriate size, it looks fuzzy and like you can see the pixels in the picture! Please help me! I really want to update my avatar and post some more recent pics, but they just don't look great when I do it.

Thanks!

Phoebe
06-23-2005, 05:31 PM
I have the same problem, but I didn't know it had anything to do with high resolution setting on the camera. hope someone can help us ;)

Mary
DD 4/01
DS 6/03

searchdog
06-23-2005, 05:35 PM
As far as resizing a regular photo (4 x 6) I use photoshop elements and resize the photo from 2016 x 1512 pixels to 400x300 and they seem to be a managable size for the boards as well as email. Our camara is a 6 megapixel if that matters.

Do you have your Ratio locked so that when you resize your photos they stay in proportion? If not that could be part of the problem.

If you want you can send me a photo and I can resize it for you and see if I have the problem you are having with your files. Let me know and I can send you my email.

papal
06-23-2005, 05:52 PM
Stephanie, can you describe HOW you are doing the resizing?

momtoemma
06-23-2005, 06:58 PM
My current method of resizing is as follows:

Open full size picture, save under different name,choose image/resize from menu, then I resize based on a %. I usually size down to 40% of its original size. Voila! I have been doing this type of resizing through microsoft photo editor, but we actually have an older edition of photoshop if there is a different way to get a better result.

Thanks!

papal
06-23-2005, 08:12 PM
Stephanie,
I have not used Microsoft Photo Editor so maybe someone else can chime in.. but if you open the file in photoshop, go to the Image->Resize menu.. and then just change the size to say 600 width, that should do it. And like you did before, first save it under a different name.