PDA

View Full Version : Airplane travel question

Lenox12
06-23-2005, 08:07 PM
We will be traveling to Chicago/Rockford, IL, in a couple of weeks and I don't know what kind of stroller I can bring on the airplane. I have a Zippy or do I need to bring an umbrella stroller. TIA.

Ann
Mom to Emma Catherine

kensjen
06-23-2005, 08:11 PM
Bring whichever one you think you would most like to have for your trip. I always gate check ours. That way you can use it all through the airport and just check it as you are getting on the plane. They will take it right off for you as you are getting off. We usually bring our P3. It has been on 10-15 plane rides and we haven't had any problems.
HTH!

alkagift
06-23-2005, 08:16 PM
I use my Peg too and it's been fine to gate check. If you're concerned, you can buy a bag to put your Zippy in. If you do that, though, write STROLLER in super huge letters in fat marker on the side--sometimes the gate check guys don't recognize a stroller when it's in a bag--they think it's golf clubs at first glance.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, who is TWO!

ellies mom
06-24-2005, 01:18 AM
I always fly with my Zippy, and have no problems gate checking it. Also since it folds like an umbrella stroller it goes through security easily. The only problem is the security people usually can't figure out how to unfold it when they try to help, but that isn't a biggy. I usually try and lock the front wheels at some point going into security and again at the gate so I don't have to mess around with spinning them once it is folded if I want it to stand.

Enjoy your trip. DD and I are traveling soon too. Lots of fun.