PDA

View Full Version : Please help! I put grain alcohol in Riordan's ears!!

Judegirl
06-23-2005, 11:09 PM
It's a long story, but I put the wrong product in her ears for earache, and what I used was Mullein extract (in grain alcohol) and not Mullein oil...we're waiting for the doctor to call...does anyone know if it's likely that I've done her permanent damage?

Thanks,
Jude

trumansmom
06-23-2005, 11:13 PM
Not a doctor, and I'm just guessing, but wouldn't it just evaporate? It's good that you're calling your doc, but I wouldn't freak out unless s/he told me to.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

lilycat88
06-23-2005, 11:22 PM
I'd bet it's ok. I remember being a young kid...4-5 and having lots of earaches related to swimming (an outer ear infection?). I remember going to the local pharmacy and my mom getting pure grain alcohol in a glass bottle with a glass dropper (can you tell I hated it and have vivid memories of that stuff?) and that was the "prevention" for my ear issues. I guess it made the water in my ear evaporate, perhaps. I remember it burning but, obviously, no damage done.

Jamelin
DD Susanna 6/29/05

Judegirl
06-23-2005, 11:37 PM
Oh, thank goodness. The doctor still hasn't called...I guess he knows that alcohol in the ears does not an emergency make.

Whew. Thank you. Thank you again. I love these boards.

Jude the dip****!

trumansmom
06-23-2005, 11:41 PM
Oh yeah. We did that, too. Duh. Definitely don't worry about it! :)

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!