PDA

View Full Version : questions re sealy mattress or serta perfect sleeper

marchmommy
06-24-2005, 12:22 PM
Ladies,
Just want to check: my DH in desperation (DS has been in our bed for over a week and climbs out of crib--is 27 months) went to the store and purchased a Sealy twin mattress set for $309.99. I just got an email from the local Land of Nod outlet advertising twin Serta Perfect Sleeper mattresses for $99 and boxspring for $50, though no frame and no delivery. .. Of course the guy at the mattress store just told me Sealy is a much better product than a Serta...Is this true? Am i better off getting the mattress from the outlet for my 2-year-old?? Pls respond ASAP b/c they are delivering today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TIA!

Mommy_Again
06-24-2005, 12:28 PM
sealy is MUCH better than serta. Serta is really not a good brand. I used to do advertising for a furniture store...sealy is pretty good, stearns and foster is the best (as traditional spring mattresses go).

keep the sealy!! it is worth the money- you get what you pay for.

alkagift
06-24-2005, 12:30 PM
There are all kinds of grades, even within the same "brand." The Perfect Sleeper has three grades. The difference between the grades is the number of coils and the grade of fabric. So, the Land of Nod deal could be on the Series I. If it's the Series III, then that's a better deal.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, who is TWO!

marchmommy
06-24-2005, 02:16 PM
I just want to say that i love you ladies! You are so helpful and supportive on even the littlest things--like a mattress--but it makes my life so much easier and happier!!! the serta has just been delivered--let's see now if DS will sleep on it--he just wanted to play on it and wanted me to put his baby sister on it with him...

bostonsmama
06-25-2005, 12:51 AM
Do you mean the Sealy?

My parents bought me a Sealy mattress when I turned 3 for my "big girl" bed and it's still "kicking" 20-some years later. Those mattresses just don't die. Now, I don't think 20-year old mattresses are the cleanest...but I guarantee you will be sick of it before it wears out.

L