PDA

View Full Version : Contractions every night for 2 hours...mean anything?

janeybwild
06-25-2005, 09:07 AM
My drop dead date for induction is next Thursday (baby is healthy and ready, thanks to all for the amnio info and reassurances, it was fine). Of course, I would like to go into labor au natural. For the past few nights I’ve have had some serious contractions, 10 minutes apart for 2 hours, always starting around 9:00 p.m, which then stop right around 11:00. Does this mean anything? Am I grasping at straws? Hubbies plan is to do the horizontal tango every night (hmmmm), eggplant parmigiana last night has yet to work. I guess mother nature will let me know when she is ready….but gosh, any tips?

C99
06-25-2005, 10:01 AM
Are you dilated at all?

Walking worked for me. I was 2cm at 38 weeks and 6cm/90% effaced when I went into the hospital after starting labor at 38.5 weeks. I am convinced that it was all walking around.

ETA: my best friend said that she had horrible ctx after sex, but they never got her anywhere (except sleepless!).

DebbieJ
06-25-2005, 10:57 AM
I would also recommend walking walking walking. Walking up and down stairs, took, if you can handle it. It's what my MWs told me to do.

All that gravity and bopping around will put pressure on your cervix, causing it to dialate!

I hope you go on your own soon!

~ deb
DS 12/03
And a niece or nephew arriving in early August!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

emelsea
06-25-2005, 11:31 AM
I whined a lot and that helped. Well, I felt better, anyway.

Try something spicier than eggplant parm. Besides, if you BF, this will likely be the last time in a long time that you get to have spicy food. (I really miss hot wings *sigh*).

And, like the PP's said, walking, walking, walking. I know that I didn't feel like walking, but it helped move things along.

amp
06-25-2005, 03:18 PM
I dunno, Janey, but I've been thinking of you and wondering what was decided about your induction (after you asked about amnio to determine lung maturity, so I'm hoping you're holding a healthy baby soon and that you get the natural onset labor you're hoping for. I'm sending labor vibes your way!

boys2enough
06-25-2005, 03:22 PM
Janey,

Congratulations!!!! I have been around here for a long time, but glad to learn the great news. Yay! :)

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif

calebsmama03
06-25-2005, 05:42 PM
Janey -
Well, I was dilated to 5 and 90% effaced at 37 weeks and had the contractions you describe every night for over 2 weeks (!!!) before finally going into "real" labor. Mine were sometime 5 minutes apart but would fizzle after a few hours. I tried sex, spicy foods, walking, squatting and pulling garden weeds for HOURS to no avail! Miss P wouldn't budge till she was ready :( I was just about to try herbal/homeopathic labor inducers when I went into labor (literally was ON MY WAY to whole foods at the time!) Good luck, and hoping you go into labor on your own :)
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And Miss Purple, Sophia Grace 5/18/05