PDA

View Full Version : eBay quandry - crappy communication and shipping screw up

Marisa6826
06-26-2005, 12:21 AM
I won an auction for a Hanna opposite stripes set 12 days ago. I never got postage confirmation from the seller, although I did get notice that Paypal went through. The Seller still hasn't left me any feedback, which I thought was a little strange.

Tonight I emailed her asking where the outfit was, and if she could provide a tracking number since it was Priority Shipping. She emailed me back saying that she "sent it to the wrong person and had to get it back" and claimed to have sent it out to me Friday. The Seller never even bothered to let me know that this happened.

So what do I do? She had 99% feedback, so I felt it was OK to buy from her. I feel that I should say something about the lack of communication and crappy shipping - especially since I paid the $3.95 rate for Priority, but instead ended up with 'Slow Boat to China'.

Suggestions?

-m

bostonsmama
06-26-2005, 12:38 AM
I guess the most I would ask for is a dollar or two off shipping, or a credit for future use with her. I've seen worse aggregious sins on eBay. Maybe it depends on how long it took to get to you? (EDIT: Okay, just reread...wow, 12 friggin days! Yikes, go get her!) Check her disclaimer stuff, then tell her you'd love to leave possitive feedback, but it's not sitting right that she handled the communication poorly and that paying "extra" for priority shipping didn't net you any gain because of her own error.

Best of luck, girlie. That really stinks. I hope she handles it well.

jubilee
06-26-2005, 02:02 AM
I'd write to the seller and say that you are disappointed in how long it has taken to get to you and that you'd like a refund of the shipping cost. That is a reasonable request. Don't threaten a negative feedback- that just escalates things in a bad way... believe me, she knows that is a possiblity. A lot of sellers don't leave feedback until you have received the item- because that is when the transaction is complete. If you do get the refund- I would leave her positive feedback since she is doing her best to make the situation right.

pritchettzoo
06-26-2005, 11:59 AM
I would ask her to refund your shipping. If she does, then I'd leave positive or neutral feedback that a mistake happened, she didn't communicate well, but she refunded your shipping. She's waiting on YOU to leave feedback first so she can burn you if you burn her, kwim?

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

chrissyhowie
06-26-2005, 01:46 PM
I had a very similar situation happen to me. My seller ended up calling me (which really suprised me) to tell me. She also called at 10pm on a weekday, but that's a whole other issue :). While it took much longer than desired to even get the item, I did get it eventually. I ended up just never leaving any feedback for the seller. I chalked it up to human error and left it at that.

I do agree though that she definitely should have told you about what was happening. She probably could have avoided the ill feelings if she was just upfront about what was happening. But if you never get the item, TOTALLY different ballgame.