PDA

View Full Version : which girl name do you like best?

paigepea
06-26-2005, 11:45 AM
Just wondering...we can't decide:

Hailey Beth S____ (is hailey too common, would she be Hailey S. in school?)
Maya Beth S_____
Allie Beth S_____ (does this sound like alibaba)
Aviva Beth S____

Thanks so much for your opinions,
Paige.

kensjen
06-26-2005, 11:52 AM
Hmm...I like all of your choices. Hailey has become quite common, I remember it was in the top ten on some list when we were looking at names. I LOVE Hailey, and it was one of our choices for a girl, but I didn't want anything too popular. If you love it, though, go with it. She may be Hailey S. and that will be OK. I was Jennifer R. all through school and there was even someone with my same first and last name in college! LOL It happens!

Of your choices, I think I like Maya. I also like Allie, but I would probably go with Allison and then call her Allie. That is just me.

Have fun! I know choosing names is so hard!!

bostonsmama
06-26-2005, 12:07 PM
I love Maya Beth! It's still unique enough that she won't be one of a million Mayas, yet it's gained popularity recently, so it's not like you're naming her Gertrude.

Hailey is a second favorite, but the PP is right: it's WAY popular.
I'm not liking Aviva at all, but I'm not you. Go with your gut.

L

momtoemma
06-26-2005, 12:28 PM
Hailey is my first choice, and Maya is my second choice. I think you should use the name you like best, even if it is common. That said though, I really like Maya Beth too. Good luck with your decision!

dr mom
06-26-2005, 01:46 PM
I think Maya and Allie are both beautiful names, and I love the name Beth. I'm not wild about Aviva, which makes me think of the insurance company of the same name. (Just my opinion - YOUR opinion is ultimately the one that counts!)

Hailey is a pretty name but is becoming fairly common, as are the sound-alike variations Bailey and Kailey/Kayley. Of course if you love the name that shouldn't stop you from using it, but if the possibility of DD having classmates with the same name bothers you then you might be happier with another name.

On a completely different note, I know a little girl whose parents named her Hailey Raine Lastname, and while I think the name is beautiful, everytime I hear it I think of a rainy hailstorm, LOL! ;)

Momof3Labs
06-26-2005, 03:55 PM
How about Hallie Beth? A combination between Allie and Hailey. Much less common, but just as cute IMO!! But of your choices, I like Hailey the best, by far.

nfowife
06-26-2005, 04:15 PM
I love Allie for obvious reasons...my Alli is an Allison, though :) .
And my middle name is Beth! So I like Allison Beth (or Allie Beth if you are not using a longer version for the given name).

g-mama
06-26-2005, 04:50 PM
I like Hailey and Allie the best, but if I used Allie I would name her Allison even if I never planned to call her that. I don't think Allie Beth sounds like Ali Baba. I wouldn't worry too much about popularity of a name because if you love it, that's the most important thing.

I don't care for Aviva much, but that's just my .02.

Kristen
Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
and a third one coming in december '05!

bcky2
06-26-2005, 07:43 PM
i really like maya beth, my second choice would be aviva beth :)

JLiebCamm
06-26-2005, 09:20 PM
I vote for Maya. My second choice would be Allie, but I agree with the PP to call her a longer form like Allison and shorten it.

anamika
06-26-2005, 09:47 PM
hi,
i love the name maya. jiya was almost maya except i have a close friend named maia.
maya means illusion in hindi - like when something is so beautiful you think it is an illusion.

mamalia
06-27-2005, 12:48 AM
I like Maya, with Allie being second choice. Although in DHs book Allie is definitely the name of our second girl if we ever have one.

brigmaman
06-27-2005, 02:15 AM
I was going to put in my vote for Maya and now I like it even more! How beautiful!

deenass
06-27-2005, 06:50 AM
I LOVE the name Aviva! It is on my short list if I ever have a girl!!!!!

hez
06-27-2005, 06:56 AM
Big fan of Maya :)

Sarah1
06-27-2005, 08:17 AM
I like Maya Beth. That sounds the best to me. I am not a fan of Hailey. It's too cute, and too popular IMO.

papal
06-27-2005, 08:19 AM
I like Maya Beth!

Wife_and_mommy
06-27-2005, 08:23 AM
I like Maya Beth. Then Allie. I agree with naming her Allison in case she wants to have a more "mature" name when she's grown.

A neighbor's dog was named Maya when I was growing up so I do have the association in my mind but I love it for you. :)

Elizabeth

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/dogdogcrd20040405_4_My+child+is.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev035pb___.png
Our second morsel due early February 2006!

ribbit1019
06-27-2005, 08:33 AM
I like Maya Beth a lot. Allie is cute, Hailey to too cute...
Aviva is very different, but I don't like it for some reason. It elicits thoughts of Evita/Madonna and cleaning products??
Don't ask.....

Christy
Maddy says "Hi baby!" Such a little parrot!

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png
Surprise!
http://lilypie.com/days/060221/0/21/0/-5/.png[/img][/url]

vpalmer
06-27-2005, 08:49 AM
I vote for Maya Beth. Very pretty name.

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

alkagift
06-27-2005, 12:19 PM
I like Allison...ahem. ;)

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, who is TWO!

american_mama
06-27-2005, 12:20 PM
We have two Maya's in our family and, out of nowhere, it seems to be getting popular. I think I read on some internet article about names about fastest movers (names that jumped like 20 or 30 spots in popularity on the top 100 list) and Maya was a fast mover. I also just met a newborn (first child) named Maya, but pronounced May-a (like the month of May). Oh, boy, her parents don't know what kind of pronunciation trouble they have set her up for.

I like Hailey. Sounds like a popular name, but I have yet to meet one. My husband knows a woman named Dailey. Hailey also reminds me of Bailey, Darcy, and Darby, all of which I think are cute and not so popular.

heidis2girls
06-27-2005, 02:20 PM
I like all of your choices, but my favorite is Maya. I thought about that for Sarah, too. And, like the PP, I love Hallie! I would have considered Hallie for Sarah, but I'm Heidi, DD #1 is Hannah, and Heidi, Hannah and Hallie was just too many H's for me! Plus, our last name starts with L and it just didn't flow well.

Hailey is becoming more common. My cousin's DD is Hailey. But, she is the only other Hailey I know. Both of my DD's have pretty common and popular names, but they are now 3 1/2 and 5 1/2 and between preschool, pre-kindergarten, Gymboree classes, ballet classes and various other activities, we've only met one other Hannah in ballet class. Unfortunately, her last name also started with L so both of them were Hannah theirwholelastname! You just never know.

BTW, I love your name, Paige! That was on our very short list for Sarah, too!

KBecks
06-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Maya!

mama2galpals
06-27-2005, 07:31 PM
i vote for maya first and then hailey. both beautiful names!
rita
mommy to
olivia '97
stella '00
emma '03

There is no remedy for love but to love more.
--Henry David Thoreau

http://lilypie.com/baby3/030123/3/4/1/+10/.png

TraciG
06-27-2005, 08:27 PM
I like Maya , it is becoming a popular name, my friends cousin just named her baby Maya . Second choice would be Hailey.

Good luck choosing, it's so fun but sometimes so hard to decide !

TraciG
06-27-2005, 08:28 PM
I like Maya , it is becoming a popular name, my friends cousin just named her baby Maya . Second choice would be Hailey.

Good luck choosing, it's so fun but sometimes so hard to decide !

DAKnits
06-27-2005, 10:07 PM
I like Maya the best!

DAKnits
06-27-2005, 10:08 PM
I like Maya the best!

AdoptChina
06-27-2005, 11:11 PM
I like Hailey and Maya (actually know more Maya's than Hailey's)
Like Allie, but as a nickname (for Allison, Alyssa, Alexandra, Alexa etc)
Aviva is not my style