PDA

View Full Version : Starting a business - help needed

candybomiller
06-26-2005, 12:08 PM
Ok Mama's, I need some creativity. I'm starting a business that's going to concentrate solely on makeovers, both makeup and wardrobe. I need a name that's catchy, but not too trendy, as I do live in Montana!

I also need a logo. I know we have a LOT of creativity out here! If I use your logo, not only do you get credit, but I'll pay (of course!). Terms to be decided via email between the two of us.

TIA!!

sbjf
06-26-2005, 12:30 PM
1 handed typing...

Mirror Mirror
Venustas: loveliness, charm, attractiveness, beauty in Latin
Snappier Happpier

Good luck!

I;ll keep thinking.

bostonsmama
06-26-2005, 01:43 PM
How about this for a logo...building on the ultra creative name from the poster above. I freehand drew the frames in MS Paint, then transfered it to an Adobe file and used a filter, then played with the text.

Edited to add an updated logo with more info & color. I liked the revised font better.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/27789.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/27783.jpg

bostonsmama
06-26-2005, 02:14 PM
Here's another possible business name: Transformations. I'm sure if you become a legal business you'll have to cross check the names with other businesses in Montana. I think you've got lots of lee-way, though with a unique name like yours.
ETA: the writing on the bottom is a little fuzzy because I had to make a PDF file into a jpeg...but you get the point. I updated the pic to remove the "hair" part and replace it with "cosmetic."

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/27791.jpg

All of these can be made without color so you can put them on fliers or business cards, although I think these would print out quite nicely in color.

kransden
06-26-2005, 02:18 PM
I like that.
Much better than what popped into my mind
"Fix me up!" LOL!

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

sbjf
06-26-2005, 03:01 PM
Love that!

Another idea, play on her name...

"Eye Candy

Hair & Fashion Makeovers"

MelissaTC
06-26-2005, 04:05 PM
Amazing Changes
Mix It Up
Makeover Magic by Candy
Changes by Candy
Style by Candy Miller

bostonsmama
06-26-2005, 06:05 PM
Okay, Bonnie...you're a genius! Here's a "logo" that could work with that title (only I'm the one who forgot she's not doing hair...just makeup & clothes). So, here's what I see. I drew the eye...it's kind of ghetto, but it works. I could always go back and do something else.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/27790.jpg

sbjf
06-26-2005, 06:28 PM
You are good at these logos, I'm so jealous!! I can't wait to hear what Candy thinks of our brainstorming. :-)

sbjf
06-26-2005, 06:51 PM
That is GORGEOUS! I love the new logo, it is so feminine and pretty. I think Candy is going to have a hard time deciding what she likes best. :-)

Edited to add: I love pink and brown right now. Also like the look of teal/turqouise and brown.

bostonsmama
06-27-2005, 12:24 AM
The more I think about it, the more I like the Mirror/Mirror one...not likely to offend those Montanans! The eye candy one is really flashy & modern (gosh, I love pink!!), but it may not appeal to the average rural/country woman. I've known a few native Montanans and many of them are earthy and laid back & might think "eye candy" will make them look like a neon-eyeshadowed freak! LOL. I don't know..hard to decide, but I'm sure there are some others who are hard at work trying to sway Candy with their talents.

BTW, I promise to fix the spelling of "consultaitons" to "consultations" as soon as i can.

candybomiller
06-27-2005, 03:04 PM
I knew we had creativity, but that's just wonderful!!! I am so impressed!

bostonsmama
06-27-2005, 03:14 PM
Well, if you decide you like one of the names that hasn't been made into a logo, I can get to work on a pic for you. Last night I was toying around with business name "Candy Coated Makeovers" and I had skittles (candy-coated pieces) dropping onto a table with your name in curlyz font...but I just couldn't pic a color combo I liked. I tried another with cotton candy...but the graphics were slightly unrealted, so I didn't post it.

Let us know what you think.

L

Corie
06-27-2005, 04:22 PM
I will be contacting you two when I finally start my
own business! Someday...

I loved Bonnie's names for the store:
*Mirror Mirror
*Eye Candy

Plus, I loved Larissa's name:
*Candy Coated Makeovers

And, Larissa, you did a great job with the fonts and design!!
You two are a great team! :)

sbjf
06-27-2005, 06:42 PM
Thanks!! I have to admit, that's the type of work I would LOVE to be able to do for a living someday, it just get me excited and involved every time.