PDA

View Full Version : Tom's Australian interview, so arrogant!

sbjf
06-27-2005, 06:46 PM
An Aussie poster on a parenting board I visit shared this:

"The PPD spouting off has been getting a lot of press here, and people are really pissed off. Everyone gagged over his Oprah jumping-on-the-couch embarrassment. Then he did an interview on the Australian 60 minutes, and treated the reporter appallingly, he was so arrogant, and so vain, and rude. The interviewer was asking standard sort of questions, a lot less than been coming his way (and a lot less than what he offered on Oprah). One question was "So, do you have the sort of relationship with Nicole where you talk about the kids, share parenting responsibilities". OK, fair enough if he didn't want to answer it. But he launched into a tirade and said "Peter. Peter. Peter, if you want to keep talking to me, put your manners back in. Peter, put your manners back in. OK Peter? Have you put your manners back in?". Everyone has been going around here saying "Put your manners back in!" lol. At the end of the interview they kept the cameras rolling, Tom said to Peter (the reporter)"That went well" and the reporter said "Are you joking? What about the manners bit". Tom smiled and said, so arragantly, "Oh that's OK Peter. You overstepped the mark, I put you in your place, we got over it". Sheesh."

Just had to share that! I can totally see him saying those things, too, would love to see the clip of it though, huh?

bostonsmama
06-27-2005, 06:50 PM
What a pompous windbag! Funny you posted that. DH's command has some Aussies visiting for a week and we got to spend some time with them...they are completely taking Nicole's side...and not too much nice has been said about TC. BTW...they really are such nice people. I love the Aussies. (warm fuzzies)

goodnightmoon
06-27-2005, 06:50 PM
I actually saw the clip somewhere, maybe on one of the 'Inside Edition' type shows. It was every bit as obnoxious as it sounds. TC looked so angry it was a little bit scary. And the question really was harmless...

He's a nutjob.

Laura
mommy to Eva Marie 2/16/05

Calmegja2
06-27-2005, 06:52 PM
Just one more car on the crazy train.

Eventually, he'll derail.

Mikesa3
06-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Wow!I'm starting to wonder if his old manager/publicist medicated him without him knowing. As several here have mentioned,it sounds like he's bipolar. Maybe he/she made sure he had his meds then he found out and that's why he's against antidepressants etc.Especially when he talked about kids being forcefully medicated.Okay,maybe farfetched but it would explain why he's been weird lately since his sister took over as his manager/publicist.
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

Mommy_Again
06-27-2005, 09:31 PM
OMG. My jaw is on the floor. The guy has been a royal jerk lately but this is just unbelievable.

"Peter. Peter. Peter."

"Matt. Matt. Matt"

ummm....Tom. Tom. Tom. Do you hear that dripping noise? It's your career going down the drain. (actually, more like a gush).

caridura
06-27-2005, 09:37 PM
And the hits just keep on comin'! Does anyone tell him to shut up?

I was on another message board and one person said they showed the trailer to War of the Worlds during Batman and that the whole audience booed (spelling?)! :P I hope his movie bombs worse then Waterworld!

hwin708
06-28-2005, 12:44 AM
Here's the link.
http://www.defamer.com/hollywood/gossip/tom-cruise/tom-cruise-roundup-cruise-control-down-under-106589.php
(Click where it says "More from the Australian 60 Minutes transcript.....video of the interview is here")

I didn't even bother to watch it, though.
This man's ignorant remarks have passed the point of annoyance for me. I just can't watch him anymore.

As much as I understand that all these interviewers have to do their jobs in a polite and respectful manner, I really really wish someone would truly and loudly call him on his ignorance (particularly after he b$%ched at Matt Lauer for talking about things "he knows nothing about", unlike the oh so very educated TC, who gets all his wicked smarts from the "scientific" studies of a sci-fi writer. Jacka$$)

ETA: The link....doh!

sbjf
06-28-2005, 06:51 AM
Thanks for posting the link, that was interesting, lol. Something is definitely going on with him, I think he is off his medication or something because he has just never been this way before. In the past he was always calm, cool and polite, now he's a loose cannon, and so weird. True entertainment value, that's for sure.

I wonder if doctors have been trying to get one of his children to take Ritalin or something similar since he continues to mention how against that he is.

amp
06-28-2005, 09:06 AM
I also saw a clip of that interview and that is what he was saying. He sounded like a parent reprimanding a child. It was enough to make you want to vomit!