PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I have a newborn again!

mommy_someday
06-27-2005, 09:44 PM
I'm not sure if DS is teething or going through yet another growth spurt. He has been waking every 1-2 hours to nurse, which is completely unlike him! He *has* been exhibiting teething signs. Excessive drooling, sucking in his lower lip, fussiness, and vigorous biting/sucking on things (I have a hickey on my chin to prove it!). Does this nursing marathon sound like it's part of teething or is he hitting his next growth spurt a few weeks early?

If it is teething, what remedies helped your DC through this stage? It breaks my heart to hear him cry...

nov04
06-27-2005, 09:54 PM
I thought dd was teething too when she started needing comforting constantly and doing other teething things like gnawing and drooling 3 weeks ago. Turns out she fought a viral throat infection for a week before it finally got her.

It very well could be teething for ds, I'm just convinced at this point that dd will never teethe.

amazz
06-27-2005, 10:50 PM
Could be all of the above! Or he could be going through something developmental that is causing him to need more energy? Babies are just wierd sometimes. Kami hasn't slept very well lately b/c first she was teething and now she has a terrible cold. Before this she was sleeping through the night so I hope we get back there soon.

If he is teething, if you do a search on here you will get lots of help. The thing that Kami likes the most is a frozen paci.

Hope you get some sleep again soon!!
Angela
Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/love/luvlove.gif[/IMG]
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

tiapam
06-27-2005, 11:18 PM
When I read the topic subject, I got all jealous imagining a tiny helpless bundle in size zero! I guess you forget about some of the challenges after your baby gets a little older. I wouldn't mind just one day of back to the future, though! It was hard to relish it when I was so tired.

My pediatrician says that if a baby gets teeth then we can say he was teething beforehand. I swear my daughter has been teething for six months. She does have two teeth now.

-Pam

Charlotte born October 2004