PDA

View Full Version : OT: where do you buy printer ink??

toomanystrollers
06-28-2005, 05:13 AM
If I stick with the Epson cartridges, I'm looking at $60 for 4 different colors. Has anyone purchased ink online using "compatible" cartridges?

TIA

amp
06-28-2005, 09:11 AM
We've bought from a few different places, and used to like Rhinotek brand, as well as Amazon brand (not THE Amazon website) and got them from places like Apple or Page Computing (don't know exact website off top of my head but could figure it out if googling doesn't work.) Unfortunately, we bought a new computer at Christmas and got a new printer as well and they don't make off brand, cheaper inks for us just yet.

geochick
06-28-2005, 09:24 AM
We recently purchased a generic black toner cartridge from Newegg.com. So far we've been happy with it, and we love Newegg for other computer-related purchases. Good luck.

DebbieJ
06-28-2005, 09:37 AM
I bought some from 123inkjets.com once and it was a total bust. Total crap.

~ deb
DS 12/03
And a niece or nephew arriving in early August!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

BillK
06-28-2005, 09:40 AM
Newegg is definately tops - but I would be careful about using non-OEM inks if your printer is still under warranty - lots of times manufacturers will void the warranty if you use off brand inks.

hellokitty1
06-28-2005, 11:19 AM
I've been burned by purchasing from no name places (online). And an article in Consumer Reports does not recommend it either.

Vivian
Mom to Sydney (4/24/03)
www.thelins.znot.net (FINALLY updated 6/15/05!)

proggoddess
06-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Check out www.megatoners.com. My coworkers and I just pooled all our orders together from there. Good customer service, too. They missed one cartridge in our (very large) order, so I called them and they sent TWO cartridges to replace the missing one. My Canon inks are normally around $5 per cartridge and on the site, they were 89 CENTS for black and $1.19 for color. Can't beat that!

Yeah, the ink quality might not be as long-lasting as your name-brand ink, but if it's just for printing out web pages, school book reports and stuff for the kids to doodle on, it's perfectly fine.

kristine_elen
06-28-2005, 12:56 PM
I bought some Staples-brand ink cartridges for our Epson and they are crap. They don't work at all and now my printer won't print. That reminds me, I need to exchange them for the real thing. I would love to know of some that actually work, b/c they are so expensive.