PDA

View Full Version : the blender thread made me hungry...

ktdid74
06-28-2005, 06:28 AM
Can anyone give me a smoothie recipe? I know people say just throw some fruit and ice or whatever in. I need specifics :) What are your favorite smoothies? I'd love to make some for the kids this summer! Thanks :)

slknight
06-28-2005, 06:33 AM
My favorite:

1 1/4 cups orange juice
1 banana
1 6-oz container of yogurt (regular of fat-free - prefer strawberry)
1 1/2 cups frozen whole strawberries (not the sliced ones with all the sugar. Shaws sells the Wymans whole ones in a bag. This is an approximate measurement since they are hard to measure.)
1 tsp or so of sugar

Blend! Yummy. I think I'm going to go make one.

This is a variation on a Cooking Light recipe. The original calls for some powdered milk (1/3 cup, I think) and less yogurt (1/2 cup).

You can change it around by using 1 1/2 cups of any fruit you want (like frozen blueberries, mango, raspberries, whatever.) Just change the flavor of yogurt if you want. Or mix and match for whatever flavors you want.

HTH. :)

ktdid74
06-28-2005, 06:37 AM
Yeah Susan!! You're on the boards, too! I'll go to Shaw's this morning to get some fixins :) We're going to the mall this morning if you're not doing anything :) Gotta return some Gymbo stuff and let the kids run wild for a while.

slknight
06-28-2005, 06:47 AM
Aw, bummer. I do have a Gymbo return to do so I'd love to go, but I've got a 10:30-1:00 conference call. :( About the recipe, the measurements don't need to be too precise; just dump the stuff in and tweak to bring out what flavors you like best. If you use frozen fruit, there's no need for ice. I feel like we are at Shaws every other day; we just filled up that stupid stamp booklet for the month that means we spent a LOT of money there. :o