PDA

View Full Version : scrubbing bubbles toilet cleaners review

jamsmu
06-28-2005, 01:13 PM
I tried 2 new Scrubbing Bubbles products today and figured I'd let ya'll know how it turned out. I'm always looking for shortcuts--so these were up my alley (I thought)!

Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Wand: Easy to use, has cleaner in the brush part. Love that you flush it down the toilet. It did a pretty good job with the, ahem, grime. (Okay, so I've been lazy lately... but, hey, I'm pregnant!) But for a thorough cleaning, you still need to scrub with a hard brush. So I'll use it again for a quick cleaning, then use the real brush not as often to REALLY clean.

Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Wipes: These wipes I guess are supposed to be like Chlorox Wipes, but they are disposable in the toilet. The packaging says they will fall apart in the toilet water when flushed just like toilet paper, so no mess. Well... they fall apart way before!! After one or two wipes on the outside of the toilet, I had wipe particles in my hand! And they are so sudsy, that after cleaning with the scraps, I had to get a towel to wipe up all the soap. I won't use this again. :(

Let me know if you find better products.

amp
06-28-2005, 01:45 PM
I found some of the wipes to be too sudsy too, and then had to re-wipe the suds away. I just prefer paper towel w/ cleaner.

As for the toilet wand, I found that it worked on your run of the mill toilet, but if there was a mess (ahem), then not so much. I prefer the Clorox toilet wand, but you have to release the scrubbie into the trash, not the toilet after. No biggie. I just put it in the covered trash that no animal/child gets into and where there's a trash bag.

But can I just say how much I love not having a dirty toilet brush under my sink?! Makes my day! I will rejoice when they create disposable plungers too!

bostonsmama
06-28-2005, 02:08 PM
I had like 8 coupons for buy one get one free for bathroom cleaning products last week and bought so much stuff it's ridiculous:

*Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner w/ Bleach-excellent cleaner, but you don't need nearly as much as they say you do

*Clorox w/ Teflon Toilet Bowl Cleaner (apparently you have to use it with the tank inserts or it's not "guaranteed" to resist stains)

*Scrubbing Bubbles Foam- great for clinging to the seat, lid and outside of bowl so you just wipe off with a damp sponge & don't have to worry about "time" as it doesn't drip

*Windex All Purpose Cleaner is nice because it goes from counters/surfaces to mirrors without streaking.

*Lysol w/ Bleach-very strong odor, but the only thing that tackles the tough soap scum in the tub (b/c I use bar soap to shave...it leaves a yucky film)...also use it in the kitchen sink

*Lysol Antibacterial Kitchen Cleaner is great for sanitizing the floor around the toilet in case any fecal matter was "sprayed" with a flush...as it kills e. coli bacteria

2000 Flushes daily bowl cleaner tablets w/ Detergent & Bleach-overwhelmingly NOT impressed w/ this product. First, it poisons the water so that if your cat or dog drank it they'd get really sick (I'm sure some pets are smart enough not to drink "detergent" smelling water...but others aren't). Second, if you go on vacation, it continues to leach out into your tank and still only last 30-ish days no matter how many times you flush. Third, we still wound up with a bacteria ring around one of the toilets when DH peed & didn't flush after a day (oops, but common...it should have done better to prevent that). Anyways, not impressed.

Those are my product reviews.

KrisM
06-28-2005, 02:14 PM
>
>*Clorox w/ Teflon Toilet Bowl Cleaner (apparently you have to
>use it with the tank inserts or it's not "guaranteed" to
>resist stains)
>

We use this and don't use tank inserts. We have hard water and with regular toilet bowl cleaner, I was cleaning every 4 or 5 days because I'd get mineral deposits. Now, I can go a week, easily. I don't get the deposits at all. I was impressed.

bostonsmama
06-28-2005, 02:27 PM
I didn't know that's what it was for, I just thought it was supposed to resist stains. It works just fine, I just remember reading the label and its guarantee had fine print that said you had to also use the toilet tabs or you couldn't get the "full results" or money back if it didn't work. That's all. :)

pritchettzoo
06-28-2005, 04:36 PM
I like the Clorox toilet wand. Well, as much as it's possible to *like* scrubbing the potty. I think I'd prefer a bathroom monkey. ;)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)