PDA

View Full Version : Consolidated Student Loans question--TIMELY!!!

jamsmu
06-28-2005, 11:15 PM
I am looking to consolidate at the last minute (before July 1). AES has been screwing around on answering questions for a month now--causing all sorts of stress on me and DH and we are at wits end. I could go on and on... but that goes in the bitching post.

Here's my question to anyone who has consolidated: Which bank did you go with? Do they offer an incentive program that will reduce your rate as you pay (ie if I pay on time, will they reduce my rate by .2% or something, and/or if I elect direct debit, will they reduce my rate by a part of a percent?)

Thanks so much!!

barbarhow
06-29-2005, 05:28 AM
Julie-I don't know who your loans are with now but when I consolidated with Sallie Mae they offered both of the above. I don't have a clue what my % rate is. HTH.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

jamsmu
06-29-2005, 07:19 AM
thank you so much Barbara. Way to wait to the last minute, huh? I did a little research last night and all of the lenders seem to offer the same incentives (thank goodness). So it seems like I just need to apply to a few companies today and make sure they all offer the same rate, then go with one of them. Thank goodness for naptime!! (of course, I really need that nap, too... but I need to save $$ more!)