PDA

View Full Version : So who is going to see War of the Worlds???

barbarhow
06-29-2005, 05:25 AM
Not that I ever go to the movies, anyway....but no thanks. I don't think I could bear watching him on the screen ever again. Anyone else boycotting?
And does anyone want my old VHS copy of Top Gun?
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

toomanystrollers
06-29-2005, 06:03 AM
The day I pay $9 to see that idiot in a movie, is the day I start routing for the Yankees :P

steph2003
06-29-2005, 06:41 AM
So funny you posted on this! My DH & I actually got to see a movie last night because my parents are in town (free babysitters!) & my DH & I both agreed we would vehemently boycott any TC movies! My DH went as far to say he won't ever watch Top Gun again.

Laurelsmom2002
06-29-2005, 06:54 AM
NO WAY am I gonna waste a date night on TC!!! I'll wait until HBO.
Plus I did just read a review that said it was pretty bland- and borring-- guess we know why he didn't want to talk about the film.

jamsmu
06-29-2005, 07:16 AM
We were discussing this on another board...

Will I see a movie with him in it?

hmmmm.... I've never been one who "had to see a movie" because ___ was in it. If its a good enough story and gets good reviews, I won't not see a movie because I dislike the actor/actress.

As for War of the Worlds, I hadn't been too interested in seeing it before. So I'll probably add it to my long list of rentals.

And, come on, just cause we dislike TC, does that really mean we'll never watch Top Gun (think volleyball), A Few Good Men, Jerry Maguire or any of his other great films EVER again??? I can't say that I won't. I may have a bad taste in my mouth when I see him, and I may not totally get over what a scumbag a** he has become... but I still watch a movie because I enjoy the movie.

JMS
06-29-2005, 07:16 AM
No way am I supporting that freak-show in any way.. Even if it was a movie starring Harrison Ford, Matthew McConaughey, James Rubin (don't ask), in other words, all of my celebrity freebies, and Tom Cruise, I still wouldn't go !!!!

Sarah1
06-29-2005, 07:39 AM
>>And does anyone want my old VHS copy of Top Gun?

LOL Barbara...I cannot count how many times my little giggly friends and I watched the volleyball scene to ogle the guys' hot bods :P

As for your other question, I will definitely not be seeing War of the Worlds. After seeing the TC/Matt Lauer interview the other night (they replayed it on CNBC) he just came across as such an arrogant a*hole. I couldn't look at him on screen without thinking about what a head case he is. But I'm sure a lot of people will be going. There's been so much publicity. I did read that the studio execs are not releasing the film to critics for review before Friday, which may be a sign that the film is not that good. So, it'll be interesting to see how it does over the weekend.

kristine_elen
06-29-2005, 07:57 AM
I'm not actually boycotting it, but it's not the kind of movie we'd generally see. (Usually go to see independent movies at ind. theaters.) We're not much for TC movies anyway. I saw a funny cartoon once about TC (YEARS ago) that said something like, "In his new movie, Tom Cruise plays a cocky (fill in the blank) who, after facing adversity, saves the day and develops likable characteristics." So true, so many of his movies were basically the same, at least in the earlier years.

DebbieJ
06-29-2005, 08:07 AM
I'm so torn! I told DH that I wasn't going to go see it b/c of TC. But then he reminded me that one of our friends did some sound editing on the film and that we should go see it to support him.

So I don't know!!! It's not like we make it to the movies on a regular basis anyway...

~ deb
DS 12/03
And a niece or nephew arriving in early August!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

barbarhow
06-29-2005, 08:13 AM
Ouch Pam! You cut me to the quick!

amp
06-29-2005, 08:48 AM
Had no real interest in it, and have negative interest now. Tom is a creep and I won't be seeing any of his movies for quite some time, if ever. But let's be honest. The box office isn't going to miss me. I've seen a grand total of 2 movies in the theater in the past 2.5 yrs. DH and I used to go all the time before Jacob was born, but stopped late in my pregnancy, when I couldn't get through a movie w/o at least 2 bathroom trips.

bcky2
06-29-2005, 09:00 AM
i want to see it but because of the movie, not tc. i have not seen the interviews or read the threads but i was never a big fan of his. so i am out of the loop on what is going on with him but the movie looks good.

toomanystrollers
06-29-2005, 11:06 AM
Barbara - just some friendly Red Sox teasing!

Psst..don't tell anyone - DH was raised loving the Yankees!

mysweetboy
06-29-2005, 11:50 AM
The chances of us actually going to a movie at all are pretty slim, but the answer is still a big NO. DH made a comment the other night that too bad that nutjob is in it because otherwise he would like to see it. :)

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 5/04
and a sweet baby girl due 10/05!

barbarhow
06-29-2005, 01:40 PM
Oh honey-I knew you were teasing-I just wanted you to know that you big bad Red Soxers make me quake in my boots.
Did you see them on Queer Eye? It was pretty funny watching them get their backs waxed......

caridura
06-29-2005, 01:44 PM
Nope. I've decided to never again pay to see ANY TC movie again. I'm that disgusted with him. So, WOTW will not be getting any ticket sales from me.