PDA

View Full Version : Planning Next Year's Vacation

Raidra
06-29-2005, 11:51 AM
So, I don't know why I'm on such a kick about this, but I've been finding myself obsessing over next spring/summer's vacation. Maybe because a vacation this summer is pretty much out of the question. :)

Anyway.. is it totally crazy to want to go away for a week with a 2 1/2 year old and an 8 month old? I'm thinking sometime around April, so we wouldn't have to worry about the heat.

What sort of vacation would you take with two very young kids? We've been holding off on Disney because we only want to do it once or twice, and so the kids need to be old enough that they'll remember it. ;) We're definitely not beach people.. sand and hot weather make me run for the hills.

Momof3Labs
06-29-2005, 01:13 PM
I'd rent a house somewhere, so you have a kitchen and a few bedrooms. Watch out for spring break - that would limit your options and drive prices up. Perhaps somewhere that has things to do within walking distance so you aren't always loading up the car to go (or so one parent can go alone with one kiddo).

What kind of climate are you looking for? Warm weather, or is cooler weather okay?

Raidra
06-29-2005, 04:47 PM
We live in Boston, so it's pretty cold still March-May, so I'd prefer somewhere that has temps in about the low 70's that time of year. We went to Florida this past March to visit family and the weather was really nice, but I'd like to avoid going there for this specific vacation because visiting family isn't really my idea of fun. ;)