PDA

View Full Version : OT: Does emailthrough the boards work?

chlobo
06-30-2005, 10:28 AM
I emailed someone & didn't hear back, just wondering if it's working.

aliceinwonderland
06-30-2005, 10:38 AM
with some people it works, with others it does not. I just recently had a confrimation of an email thru the boards NOT going thru.

e.

dowlinal
06-30-2005, 10:42 AM
A lot of times e-mail through the boards ends up being caught in spam filters.

A

chlobo
06-30-2005, 10:59 AM
do pm's work better?

hez
06-30-2005, 11:54 AM
I've always had luck with PM's-- never have had an incidence where it didn't go through.

kristine_elen
06-30-2005, 12:04 PM
You might need to post and say, "(name), I PM'd you." You only see that you have a PM if you go to the "top" of the boards (I think), and I almost never do.

amp
06-30-2005, 01:18 PM
Carren - It really depends on the person. Some people have an email that they never check, or rarely check. Others have an email that filters out the spam (work email) and these get included. Others just never seem to work. But I have had luck emailing or pm'ing people. If I don't get a response and I want one, I sometimes just waste space in the lounge by posting a quick note to that effect. Not my fav thing to do, but at least it gets seen. Once you email with that person, you'll know the right address. Also, w/ pm-ing, if someone doesn't check their pm's they may not get it. About half of the pm's I get generate an email to me, notifying me, just as I've set up in my preferences, but the other half never show up in my email and I find them there later.

DebbieJ
06-30-2005, 01:22 PM
My email and PM's work. I have my preferences set to get an email notification when I receive a PM. And I also make sure my email address in my profile is up to date. I use only one address and don't have the spam filter turned on, so that makes it easy.

~ deb
DS 12/03
And a niece or nephew arriving in early August!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif