PDA

View Full Version : OT - Anybody from San Francisco? Need location for bridal shower

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
06-30-2005, 01:53 PM
Anybody know of a good restaurant for a bridal shower (that's not too expensive), and has a private room for doing a bridal shower (girls only)?

Thanks for the help!
--Jennifer

heidi_timms
06-30-2005, 04:39 PM
I am from the Bay Area and I did my sister's baby shower at a tea party place. This was in San Jose/Campbell. You might try and find a similar place. I did a search for "tea party" type place and came up with this. It's not Victorian style like the place we went too, but it looks like a fun place. At the bottom of the menu it says they do bridal/baby showers. Their food seems okay priced. I would see what kind of deal they could give you for a shower!

http://www.samovartea.com/index.htm

I found another link for you for more tea places:

http://www.sallys-place.com/travel/san_francisco/n_tea.htm

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

kcandz
06-30-2005, 06:00 PM
There is Lovejoy's tea room in Noe Valley. If you need more centrally located, but probably more expensive, the Ritz and St. Francis hotels have afternoon tea - I have seen many showers there. Also The Rotunda at Neiman Marcus - it was recently renovated.

brubeck
06-30-2005, 07:13 PM
In the East Bay Pearl's in Fremont (Irvington district) is very nice. In The City try Cafe Kati.

C99
06-30-2005, 08:21 PM
Is the E&O still around? They have a private room. It's on Sutter Street.

I also think Cafe Claude would be a fun spot to do a bridal shower -- it's on Claude Lane in Financial. I went there once w/ a group of girs and we were the ones in the place. The waiter was hilarious and v. accomodating.

momceecers
06-30-2005, 08:32 PM
Did you use Lisa's Tea and Treasures? Thats sooo fun!

Cindy

Globetrotter
07-01-2005, 12:24 AM
In Fremont, Nouvelle Bistro (asian fusion) has a nice party room that's the perfect size for something like this, and the food is wonderful :)

It is on the expensive side, at least by my standards, but not exhorbitant.

I've heard Pearls has gone downhill since they changed management (a few months ago??) though I've never been there.

Kris

kath68
07-01-2005, 12:06 PM
I just helped host a baby shower in a tea shop in extreme East Bay (Concord/Clayton). It was great! Private room, $19.99/person, and they set up and cleaned up. Cute little finger-y foods. Perfect for about 15 people who aren't that rowdy.

I assume it is out of your geographical range, but it was a great success. I am just posting to endorse the tea idea. If you want to know more, PM me.