PDA

View Full Version : IS IT TRUE: That US postal services workers can not smoke in delivery cars

NEVE and TRISTAN
07-01-2005, 12:59 PM
That was posted here once and I would love to know if this is correct for ours does!!!!! and thus things smell like smoke when they arrive...

I called them once and questioned it and they said they didn't knowthe answer and would call me back and didn't. I live in North Carolina where Tabacco and it's rights are in your face a lot.

Does anyone really know????
and are there exceptions...for instance they appear to drive clunkers here that look like they were removed from the car graveyard and redone...they are not your cute postal trucks. I don't think they belong to the driver due to the mods on it but can this be their way around it????

What would you do if indeed the case???

Thanks in advance!!!
Neve
Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (2) and baby girl Bronwyn born March 10th!!!!

searchdog
07-01-2005, 02:49 PM
I realize this doesn't 100% answer your question, but I found this

" 882.2 Vehicles

Smoking is prohibited in any General Services Administration interagency fleet management system vehicles. "

http://www.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals/elm/html/elmc8/elm880.html

I guess the question now is does the vehicle your carrier uses qualify as a interagency fleet management vehicle. I will look a little more and see what I can find.

Marisa6826
07-01-2005, 02:50 PM
I think *technically* it's against the rules. Doesn't mean that their supervisors don't look the other way. More than the USPS, it's UPS/FEDEX/DHL that ticks me off. Bills can get tossed. Clothes, etc. can't.

I know that when I dated a cop, they're not supposed to be seen eating, drinking or smoking on the job (at least in Hoboken). I used to see that happening all the time - right up to the Chief.

What kills me is that it's now illegal to use a hand held cell in NJ while driving. EVERY time I see a cop, he's on the phone!

-m

ShayleighCarsensMom
07-01-2005, 03:46 PM
I dont know about postal, but we had a pizza delivery driver deliver a pizza while smoking (and this is in CA!) I called and asked about it and the manager said it was A Okay to smoke..and I said, well, you can come and get this pizza!
We havent been back since!