PDA

View Full Version : looking for a great gym bag

nd93
07-01-2005, 01:18 PM
Ok, an odd post, I know. Does anyone have a great gym bag they'd recommend? I don't want something with a flap, and it needs to fit on my shoulder (either a messenger strap, or tote straps that are long enough). REI has one on sale, but I think the colors may be a bit too bright for me. LLBean has a great looking tote on sale, but it may be too much tote and not enough organization. Any ideas appreciated. (I feel really weird even posting this, but the greatest ideas seem to come from this board! Thanks for reading)

squimp
07-01-2005, 05:03 PM
I have one from Title 9 that I like to use. It's been redesigned to hold a yoga mat. I like the outside pockets for shoes, and it's pretty big - towels, etc, fit in there.

http://www.title9sports.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=1081&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=8&iSubCat=63&iProductID=1081

The new Lands End totes with 4 pockets on the inside and one on the outside look pretty nice, too. You can get a medium with zipper for $25 = a great deal. I'm thinking this would make a decent diaper bag, too.

http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0,,1_2_1943_58278_123835_102282_5:view=-1,00.html?sid=2214145620562163071&CM_MERCH=SRCH

nd93
07-01-2005, 06:54 PM
Thank you! That title 9 one looks nice - is it by any chance by Overland? If so, I think I found it on ebags. They are having a sale today - 20% off - but it ends at midnight. I don't like to be rushed into decisions so I don't know if I'll get it today or not. It looks like it would be a great travel bag too. I'm glad to hear a towel fits in there - that's a must for me. And the outside pockets for water too.

squimp
07-01-2005, 10:39 PM
I had to dig it out of the closet - it is made by Overland, I guess for Title 9, 'cause it has the swooshy 9 on it.

Hope I'm not too late :)

nd93
07-02-2005, 07:06 AM
Well, I went to ebags this morning, and it was still showing as 20% off. I go through the whole checkout, get to the confirm page, still 20%, so click order, now it shows full price! So I quickly cancel. Grr. So then I go to shoebuy.com, it's on sale for $48, plus a deal on their website for 15% off. They have free ship so I got a paprika/black for the grand total of $41!! Better than ebags. Yay! Also, another annoying thing about ebags, at the checkout page they have a box automatically checked for "please give my email address to carefully screened third party companies" which I forgot to unselect. Grr! Thank goodness I used my junk email acct there instead of my real one.

Anyways, thanks for the recommendation. This bag got great reviews on ebags so I'm looking forward to having it. There was a duffle I'd been looking at, but I think I would have to store it on it's end in the lockers at the gym. This bag I think will fit much better. Plus, it looks cool!

I love the info you can find out on this board!