PDA

View Full Version : How to get refund from online company

kalebsmama
07-01-2005, 02:06 PM
Ok, I ordered something online which said it would ship in 5-10 business days. After about 14 b. days I emailed about the order and was told that the item was no longer available from the manuf. and they would refund my money and to expect it to post to my cc in 5-10 b. days (sounds familiar!) So, after 10-12 days, I emailed again and was told they were checking into it and should have it resolved w/in 5 b. days. Well, today is the 5th day and still no credit to my card.

What should I do? It isn't a large sum of money, but this is crazy! I want it back? I guess I am going to call my cc company and go from there. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

searchdog
07-01-2005, 03:01 PM
Can you get a phone number for the company? If you can I would call them and tell them that you want your refund or you will be forced to file a claim with your CC company. If you do that they will probably process your claim pretty quickly and get you your refund. Also I am sure you know but hang on to all your emails corresponding with them regarding this situation. Good Luck

brittone2
07-01-2005, 06:49 PM
Ditto to the PP. I just went through a two month nightmare in which DH used Paypal to pay an online vendor. The online vendor sent us the wrong camcorder, then had us send it back, they lost it but blamed USPS (it was insured by us thankfully), they finally "found" it and were supposed to send the correct camera several more times, it never happened. We moved, they were supposed to send it two weeks ago to the new address plus refund our Paypal account (DH payed through funded paypal...so we had no recourse to appeal through our CC...big mistake). Paypal says claims must be filed within 45 days and it was beyond that.

I started to *really* suspect fraud when I couldn't get anyone to return my calls or emails. I finally started saying I was going to contact the attorney general in Ohio (where their company is based out of) and file a claim, as well as the Better Business Bureau and Paypal. Suddenly I got a response. They were miffed that I said something fraudulent was apparently going on...which is kind of amusing. IN any case, today, two months after the transaction began, they FINALLY refunded our money. It took numerous threats but they had already fallen through on their promises to remedy the situation so many times it was ridiculous.

Be thankful you paid through CC and let them battle it out with this company. Give them one more chance and then say you're going to dispute it through your CC company. Sorry for the saga from me...it was just a very frustrating incident and I know how yucky it is to be in that situation.

mudder17
07-01-2005, 07:19 PM
Beth! I'm so glad you were finally able to resolve the issue! What a pain, but good for you for not backing down!

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 16 months & counting

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_4_Kaya+is.png

brittone2
07-01-2005, 09:15 PM
Thanks for thinking of me, Eileen! I think I'll sleep better tonight knowing the whole escapade is behind us. :)

kellij
07-02-2005, 01:10 AM
I had this happen recently too. My thread is in the bitching section. Anyway, I finally filed a complaint with my credit card company and miraculously immediately got the credit. It's so frustrating!

kalebsmama
07-02-2005, 10:43 PM
I'm going to file a complaint with my credit card co. I sent an email stating that I would be doing this if they didn't get in touch with me since I have been unable to get through by phone.

We'll see what happens! Beth, I'm glad everything worked out ok for you, but what a pain to have to do all of that. It's frustrating.

brittone2
07-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Ugggh. I'm sorry they aren't cooperating. I'm sure your CC co. will be able to take care of it without any problem, but it is awful to have to wait for a refund in a situation such as this. I know all too well.

At least you used your CC and you can let them hash it out with this company. Hopefully they'll get your $$$ to you promptly. Let us know what happens.