PDA

View Full Version : Cannon Beach, OR?

alleyoop
07-01-2005, 03:19 PM
We are considering vacationing there in August or September. Has anyone been there with kiddos? Can you give us a recommendation for a place to stay? Our dream home-away-from-home would be a 2-room suite with a full kitchen steps from the beach. Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance!

tarahsolazy
07-02-2005, 10:37 PM
Cannon Beach is great! I spent several weekends there, and stayed at the same place each time, Hallmark Resort. (My work had retreats there annually in the fall, free lodging for the whole family!). They are beachfront, and have kitchenette suites, 1 and 2 Br. You can also rent cottages there, and have your own little place. We haven't been back to stay since DS was born, other than a day trip. I'm jealous!

Sarah1
07-03-2005, 09:10 AM
We stayed on Cannon Beach when I was pg with Audrey. I think it would be a great place to stay with kids--I remember a lot of families walking around. The beach is perfect for flying kites! I can't give you any hotel recs, since we stayed at a place called Stephanie Inn which I believe allowed no children (?). I can't remember...but there were a lot of hotels around. I would definitely go back with Audrey!

jkpalotay
07-05-2005, 05:32 PM
That is so crazy that you all have been to Cannon Beach! It feels like I'm the only one from Oregon sometimes. My DH and I actually spent our honeymoon there, and we also stayed in the Hallmark. It was a fabulous experience. We didn't have children then, but we got a spa room, which had a full kitchen (I believe...), a fireplace, and a king size bed. I'm not sure if they offer any two bedroom suites, but the rooms are generously sized. It is located right in front of Haystack Rock, which is featured in the movie Goonies. (We actually rented that movie while we were there, it was kind of trippy watching the movie, and looking outside where it was filmed. We're dorks, I know!) Anyway, the town is full of hotels, and I'm sure you can find one that is kiddo friendly.

Kelli

houseof3boys
07-05-2005, 07:42 PM
We stayed at Stephanie Inn prepreg too and it was nice!

It is a gorgeous part of the country out there. :)

Hope you have a great trip. It seems like it would be a fun trip with kiddos.