PDA

View Full Version : WWYD? DD invited to a Bday party of a classmate I don't know.

jadamom
07-01-2005, 11:54 PM
DD received an invitation to a Bday party for a classmate who I don't really know and whose parents I have never met. The party is for 4 hours from 3 pm to 7 pm at the girl's home. I would hate for DD to miss out on the fun, but she's shy and only 3 1/2 and I'm not sure I would be comfortable leaving her there alone for so long. I guess I'll call the girl's mom and ask if the parents are welcome to stay for the party, but what if she says no? I also wouldn't want them to feel obligated to feed me dinner if they weren't planning on it already. Hmm...what would you do?

buddyleebaby
07-02-2005, 12:08 AM
Four hours is a long time! I would assume parents are welcome to stay since the kids are so young. There's no harm in asking, it does not make you obligated to send your dd. Depending how many children are invited, they may be glad to have another adult.

redhookmom
07-02-2005, 12:22 AM
I have been to a few to many birthday parties. :-) In my neck of the woods parents always stay. It seems somewhere between the 5th and 6th birtday that drop offs start.
I would not leave my dd at a party by herself. (She's almost 3)

Melanie
07-02-2005, 12:26 AM
I would imagine at that age parents are expected to stay.

toomanystrollers
07-02-2005, 06:05 AM
4 hours!!! I would just take DD and stay for maybe 2 hrs. max! I'm sure you won't be the only parent hanging around :)

jadamom
07-02-2005, 03:47 PM
I'll call the mom and let her know that my daughter, and I, will attend. :)