PDA

View Full Version : Most bizzare thing DD has said yet...

HGraceMom
07-02-2005, 12:11 PM
DH stayed home with DD this morning while I was out running what should have been a few quick errands. Before I went to the grocery store, I decided to stop by the driving range and hit a bucket of golf balls since it's a GLORIOUS day here after a week of continuous 95 degree heat.

DH asked DD where mommy could've gone because I'd been out of the house for just under two hours.

DH: I wonder what is taking mommmy so long
DD: She was killed.
DH: What does "killed" mean?
DD: It means killed.
DH: What else?
DD: It's when you die and go to heaven

Now, we NEVER have the news on when she's awake, and rarely if the television is on is anything but noggin showing...

I'm going to chalk it up to preschool, but wow...

Renee

elliput
07-02-2005, 06:23 PM
Kid's will say the strangest things. I was riding with my Mom, Sis and Niece to a bridal shower a few years back and noticed that while the grown ups had been busy chatting my niece (who was 3 1/2 at the time) was singing "I died a long time ago" over and over. WTH?!?!? I quickly got Mom and Sis to listen to what my niece was saying. They were baffled also.

toomanystrollers
07-02-2005, 07:22 PM
Yes, blame it on preschool :)

My DD told me all about a pretty gruesome case involving a teenager from around here. She knew all the details (thanks to a little friend at school who was telling everyone!!)

aliceinwonderland
07-03-2005, 02:49 PM
From my cousin whose DD went to pre-school (starting K in the fall).

On one hand, I chuckle, because, well she is not mine to deal with (LOL). Then I feel a relief I have a boy right now (girls seem to grow up so much faster). Then I get scared.

PM for a sample of musings from my then 4 year old niece, if you want to think your DD' conversation was really perfectly normal...LOL (I think?)

e.