PDA

View Full Version : Missing Idaho girl found alive - brother still missing

toomanystrollers
07-02-2005, 01:05 PM
Unbelievable - the goosebumps haven't worn off yet.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8443793/

kristine_elen
07-02-2005, 01:26 PM
Creepy.

OK, was it her mom and mom's boyfriend and girl's brother who were bludgeoned to death? (I hate poorly written stories.)

I'm pretty liberal, but when it comes to sex offenders, I think it should be one strike and you're out -- forever. The recidivism rate is just too high to risk having these people out on the streets. I say they should remain locked up forever.

houseof3boys
07-02-2005, 01:28 PM
I just saw this on CNN and I am stunned. That guy is a real piece of work. The whole thing about him having a website that says that molesters shouldn't be prosecuted is just unreal to me.

I hope they find Dylan soon.

starrynight
07-02-2005, 01:41 PM
I hope they find Dylan safe, that poor girl I really hope that perv didn't do anything to her before he was caught. Sicko, why the heck do they let these people out of jail so they can do it again????

HannaAddict
07-02-2005, 02:06 PM
I just saw this and am so happy she survived. I only hope her brother did too. For a sex offender like this to have kept her alive for this long is a miracle. Thank goodness the waitress spotted them and called police. The poor little girl, her brother and family. But she is a survivor.

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

bunnisa
07-02-2005, 02:37 PM
I read some of his blog - very, very, very disturbing. Keeps talking about his "demons" and how only 2 people know what "the demons" are capable of, but says they'll never read his blog.

He also spent a lot of time blaming "society" for his evil perversions. Said he shouldn't be discriminated against for past crimes (he served 16 yrs for raping a 14 yr old boy when he was 16 yrs old). He also was due in court on the day the family was murdered (he never showed).

He's had numerous other offenses, and also some more recent driving offenses where the LE never ran his tags, etc. It's another Couey story.

Bethany
mom to one and one on the way!
http://lilypie.com/days/060226/0/8/1/-6/.png

heidis2girls
07-02-2005, 02:46 PM
I just saw this, too, and I can't believe they found her alive! I really hope that they find her brother alive, too.

amp
07-02-2005, 09:32 PM
I'm responding based on the article I read elsewhere, which I assume contained the same info.

I keep wondering how this family came into contact w/ the guy, and also, how does one go from being a multiple incident sex offender (terrible) to a triple homocide guy?! Wow, I mean, he's a bad guy, but that's a huge escalation!

I really hope they find the boy alive too. Those poor children. I can't imagine how traumatized they, or at least she, will be by this whole thing. Not only has she been held captive, but her family is gone!

Kudos to the waitress who called in the report and then stalled them!

aliceinwonderland
07-02-2005, 10:18 PM
I just heard on CNN (during dinner, was about to lose it) that this guy does not think he is a bad person and also that he is suffering from an ill SOCIETY gave him....Yea, who could argue with that...That poor child. Must be so dark in her world right now...
e.