PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ordered from Amazon with luck?

Java
07-03-2005, 12:06 AM
I placed 2 big orders in the past 2 months and neither have come in. I actually cancelled the first order because I kept getting updates that it was delayed. It ended up delaying for a month even though the listing said it would ship in a week.

Then I ordered 2 mega-packs of Pampers and it's been almost 4 weeks with 1 delay update.

What the heck?! I've never ordered from Amazon and at this rate I may never again. Does anyone else have this problem?

lilycat88
07-03-2005, 12:13 AM
We just did the Pampers mega box deal thing as well. I think when we placed the order it said it would ship on 3-4 weeks. We got it about 2 weeks after the order. We order from Amazon perhaps 10 times a year and we've never had a problem.

Jamelin
DD Susanna 6/29/04

kath68
07-03-2005, 12:29 AM
I had a problem last Christmas with getting some presents on time, but when I emailed to complain (a couple of days before Christmas), they overnighted the presents to me.

Generally I have been happy with them. From time to time I order items that are out of stock, but I eventually get them, usually before they promise.

With the Pampers, they were probably overwhelmed by the demand, since Costco doesn't carry them anymore. All the people on this board alone that ordered from them must have been pretty impressive!

g-mama
07-03-2005, 07:45 AM
I order from Amazon frequently with no problems or delays.

I, too, ordered two boxes of Pampers and they arrived about 10 days after I ordered them.

Kristen
Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
and a third one coming in december '05!

bcky2
07-03-2005, 07:52 AM
i have ordered like 2 times and have had no problems. i hope they get on the ball and send you your diapers soon :)

amp
07-03-2005, 08:09 AM
I've always had good luck with Amazon, but then again, I've always ordered books and music that were in stock. I've never ordered diapers I dont' think. I would assume that lots of people (like on these boards) jump on those good deals and they have to wait for more product to arrive, but that's just my guess.

brubeck
07-03-2005, 09:39 AM
We order from Amazon a couple of times a month and we almost never have delays.

When there are delays, it is because Amazon is having a hard time stocking the item. They notify you about it and you are free to cancel the order anytime if delivery is too late. I think this is fair. They usually try to give an accurate shipping estimate when you order.

I suspect with the Pampers thing that this is not normally a huge seller for Amazon so their stock ran out quickly. I have heard that P&G (Pampers manufacturer) was having some manufacturing issues awhile ago, perhaps this is to blame.

Regardless, if yo uare upset contact customer service. Use the 'secret' number: 1-800-201-7575 and talk to a real person. They should be able to explain the situation to you.

pritchettzoo
07-03-2005, 09:47 AM
Well, I just placed an order and got it amazingly fast even with the free super saver shipping. The previous two times were ridiculously slow even though the items were in stock ("Ships in 24 hours")--it took almost 2 weeks to leave the warehouse and then 5-6 days in shipping. But I've never ordered diapers--just books and media stuff.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

RwnMayfair
07-03-2005, 01:19 PM
I've never really had a problem with my orders from Amazon. Of course, I'm generally just ordering software, or books, or music, or sometimes an appliance (we got my Kitchenaid mixer from there), but they've always come with no problems at all. The only "problem" we had once was that one Christmas my father got an extra book in the package we sent to them labeled as a gift to "Seth" and wrapped in Hannukah paper. (We weren't charged for it.) Amazon apologized, and paid for shipping for it to be sent back to them. So it wasn't really a problem for us necessarily.

I'd go ahead and contact them just to see what's going on.

-Melissa

Taran, November 20, 2003

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif - Eighteen months!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/031120/0/5/0/-5/.png
http://lilypie.com/days/050821/4/0/0/-5/.png