PDA

View Full Version : bounceless sport bras

lfp2n
07-05-2005, 10:49 AM
Does any one know anything about sport bars for the well endowed and not so firm. I rashly signed up for a womens 4 miler, I've never run more than about 10ft in my life and now I know why. Much to my DHs amusement, I run with my arms folded across my chest. I've tried a Champion one, that was no good. What really works best- something with wire, one of the ultra compression unibras? Anyone got any tips I've got to get into training the race is on labor day.

Lucy DD 3/03

mamicka
07-05-2005, 10:57 AM
Try Enell. Sometimes hard to get since Oprah talked about them.

lfp2n
07-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Thanks- they look great, but theyre out of stock everywhere! Grrr

Lucy DD 3/03

octmom
07-05-2005, 11:09 AM
No bra tips for you, but I just wanted to pat you on the back for signing up for the run! A few of my daycare mom friends are doing it and tried to enlist me. I told them that I am allergic to running. ;)

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

lfp2n
07-05-2005, 11:18 AM
So am I! I'm just trying to believe it might magically return me to my thinner and fitter pre-DD days. Of course DH says buying the $100 shoes, the shorts and hopefully the bra doesn't constitute training and thats about as far as I've got!

Lucy

octmom
07-05-2005, 11:20 AM
In high school, I signed up for spring track and stayed long enough to get a hooded sweatshirt. Then I was done. :)

I went into the running shop on the Corner with a friend last week and ended up getting a 20 minute lecture from the owner about fitness and motivation. Ugh.

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

npace19147
07-05-2005, 11:25 AM
I have just been through this myself and have found two good contenders. One is the Hind Motion Sensor bra (more of a compression type bra) and the other is the Moving Comfort Maia bra (compression/underwire). The sizing is a bit hinky, as I am a 36 D/DD in one and a 34 D/DD in the other.

Depending on where you live, I found them both at a City Sports here in town, and I know REI carries them as well. You can also find them at REI.com. HTH!

Congrats on signing up for the 4 miler! I just got a jogging stroller and ran for 1 mile in 4 quarter mile increments, probably the most I've ever run too! I think I might need to find a race for some incentive as well. :)

papal
07-05-2005, 11:27 AM
I like the Maia Bra by Moving Comfort. It goes up to a DD size, has underwire but you can't feel it. I use it like an everyday bra sometimes because it is so comfy!!

jesseandgrace
07-05-2005, 11:29 AM
Keep looking for that enell, sometimes you can find them on ebay, or smaller stores still have some stock. There is NOTHING like it, seriously. At least get on the wait list and order one, and until then try to find something that has very little stretch. Enell has no stretch in it, particularly the straps. Champion has too much stretch, so you bounce around. Even if the champion feels good at first, the stretchy fabric will allow for too much movement, even a regular minimizer w/non stretchy straps will do better than a stretchy sports bra, or try 2 stretchy bras if you have them already. As far as how good the ennell is, I was wearing it to bike because I was running right after biking, but then I was just going on a bike ride with no run so I wore a regular bra and I could not believe the difference it made even on a bike on roads!

ETA: when I say no stretch, I mean none! Enell has to be put on over the shoulders and then fastened like a corset because there is no stretch, so you can't pull it up over the arms like a regular bra after fastening the chest.

mamicka
07-05-2005, 12:58 PM
I have a size 2 ( I think, I can check if you're interested) in black that I was planning on returning. I'd be willing to sell it to you for what I paid + shipping. Let me know.

ETA: REI can order it for you for pick-up at their stores, if you have one close by.

Allison

boogiemom
07-05-2005, 01:03 PM
Try the "Last Resort Bra". Title Nine sells it. It is the only thing that worked for me. (I'm a 42DDD) Good luck! I know once those babes get moving it can be pretty painful. :)

aguinn
07-05-2005, 01:04 PM
you might try checking out the bras at title 9 sports (http://www.title9sports.com). i've been looking at their catalog for a while now, but just can't make myself pay that kind of dough for a bra! maybe you're more flush than me, and might find one that works for you! good luck in the run!

;)amy
proud momma to DS
and cutie #2 due 9/9/05 - it's a BOY! (Please come earlier! School starts on the 12th!)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030729/1/5/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

"Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see." ~ Neil Postman

mamicka
07-05-2005, 01:24 PM
This is actually the Enell bra. It is wonderful, isn't it?

KrisM
07-05-2005, 01:29 PM
I'd suggest Title 9 as well. They have a rating system for movement on their bras.

squimp
07-05-2005, 01:42 PM
I think this one on Title 9 is the Enell. I don't think it's underwire, but have never tried it.

http://www.title9sports.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=87&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=4&iSubCat=479&iProductID=87

It looks like it would suffocate me though.

I'm a runner (well sometimes) and I like this one. It's by Champion - the underwire one they make with the racerback is less supportive than this one, even though it doesn't have wires.

http://www.title9sports.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=64&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=4&iSubCat=479&iProductID=64

lfp2n
07-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Allison, thanks for the offer but I think I'm a 1 by their charts- bummer!

The Title 9 ones are back ordered til August 11, and there's one on Ebay thats still bidding and I think its up to $80! wow a bit much for me. I'm totally curious about these things now, it seems like they're like gold dust.

Thanks for your imput though,

Lucy DD 3/03