PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have a little one starting Kindergarten in the fall???

NEVE and TRISTAN
07-08-2005, 09:30 AM
I thought it would be neat for us to have a thread going to support eachother and address issues but most of all emotions of it!!!!

We can pretend we are at the bus stop together nervously on that first day :)

Neve
Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (2) and baby girl Bronwyn born March 10th!!!!

Calmegja2
07-08-2005, 09:41 AM
Yep.

Megan starts on August 24th.

I'm all for a cyberbustop coffee klatch! ;-)

Mikesa3
07-08-2005, 09:42 AM
My ds starts kindergarten this year too. He's my 5th child but it's still a big milestone.It does help that he'll be riding the bus to school w/his big sister though he'll be coming home alone.At least I think that he'll be going in the morning.
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

redhookmom
07-08-2005, 09:56 AM
My son starts early in September. I am nervous for him.

brubeck
07-08-2005, 10:43 AM
DD starts AUgust 31. I am both excited and nervous!

We'll be dropping her off and picking her up for awhile. I don't think I'm emotionally ready for her to take the bus!

8isenough
07-08-2005, 11:33 AM
Mamas...I so know how you must be feeling. My husband and I joke that although we've been through it a number of times, we STILL cry when the next ones time comes. I joke that our priest will be bored once Ansley hits the big K since he won't have anything to counsel me about :). It is exciting and yet bittersweet. TAPE the moment and begin your own tradition of sorts to mark the ocassion. You will never have another first day of kindergarten again and it is a HAPPY day. You have raised them to become their own little individual souls with personalities and brains and independance. CORNINESS ALERT: Revel in that moment. Kindergarten is the beginning of a new chapter in their little lives. It is awesome.
We usually read a book together as part of our "preparation". Here's some suggestions:
Froggy goes to school, First Day of kindergarten, Look out kindergarten, here I come!, Will I have a friend?, or First day jitters.

Sterling

mama2galpals
07-08-2005, 11:52 AM
yes! stella is heading off to kindergarten in september. she is going on the bus. i remember we didn't have a bus for olivia (another house) and i dropped her off and cried as i watched her line up with her class.

rita
mommy to
olivia '97
stella '00
emma '03

There is no remedy for love but to love more.
--Henry David Thoreau

http://lilypie.com/baby3/030123/3/4/1/+10/.png

ktdid74
07-08-2005, 02:01 PM
I do! Brendan starts mid August. He was already signed up and then we found out we'd be moving back to Texas. I hope he's ok with all of the sudden changes- new house, new friends, new school. We don't even have a house or apt yet! I know he'll do fine, I'm just nervous for him! Is Reichen excited, Neve? I know Brendan is :)

new_mommy25
07-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Sterling, that is so sweet. I think taping the moment is a great idea. I know it my family we always went out to dinner and got to order dessert the first day of school. It may not seem like a big deal but my family didn't go out to eat that often so it was always a special treat.

lukkykatt
07-08-2005, 02:59 PM
DS is starting kindergarten - I look at him and shake my head in wonder because I still can't believe it.

I didn't think K would be a big deal for DS, since he is continuing at the same school he went to for preschool last year. I was surprised that when I mentioned K, he seemed a little nervous. I wonder how I'll do that first day?

nd93
07-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Me too! DD#1. Anyone have any good backpack recommendations for toddlers?

toomanystrollers
07-08-2005, 07:28 PM
Hugs girlie!! Reichen's going to have such fun!

Right now, I'm doing the happy dance at the thought of 1st grade :)

ktdid74
07-08-2005, 09:13 PM
LL Bean is my fav (I'll miss it when we move!). I'm going to get Brendan a new one to replace his "little boy" backpack we currently own. They have lots of new colors for fall- just got the catalog yesterday. They have the smaller sizes that are good for the younger ages--HTH--

redhookmom
07-08-2005, 11:00 PM
I would love to have a snack list on the frig so I don't go crazy in the fall. Any ideas?
I think we are going to go with the school lunches.