PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good baby book for documenting dates, milestones,etc.

jerseygirl07067
07-08-2005, 10:58 PM
I've been using one for Sammy at Baby Depot and it's okay, I'm not thrilled with the format as it jumps around a bit. It's for birth-5 years.

Since Julia cracked her first big gummy smile :7 the other day, it occurred to me that I haven't gotten a baby book for her yet. I also like to record the heights and weights at MD appts as well as milestones, dates, favorite things at different ages, etc.

What's out there that's not too expensive? Ability to buy online would be a plus too, but not necessary.

TIA,
Marcy

jerseygirl07067
07-09-2005, 11:30 PM
bumping?

SummerBaby
07-10-2005, 09:20 AM
I searched high and low when I was pg, and my baby was young. I never found anything I was thrilled with- and I looked EVERYWHERE. I settled for the ones they have at BRU. I guess the solution is to make your own, but I am not crafty/creative at all, nor do I have the time. I'd be interested to see if anyone has an idea.

Val
Mom to Madeline
7/28/04

KrisM
07-10-2005, 12:55 PM
Babies R Us has a bunch. You can order through Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/new-for-you/top-sellers/-/baby/548966/baby/0/1/ref=pd_kb_ln_2/102-6653129-1400935?ts-parent-id=547932

HannaAddict
07-10-2005, 01:00 PM
I had a really hard time finding anything I liked too. I finally found an aimeej baby book at a boutique that was lovely and not to corny (if you know what I mean). I actually then found the website, www.aimeej.com, and ordered directly online. You can also buy just the page inserts if you already have a nice scrapbook cover. Also, much cheaper to buy the inserts since her albums themselves are quite pricey. Or with the inserts you can supplement what you already have. The quality is wonderful, archival quality, nice graphics, and tasteful. It was truthfully the only one I liked, and I wasn't creative enough to design and scrapbook my own from "scratch."

HTH,
Kimberly
DS 3/18/04 (whose mom is woefully behind on his baby book!)

June Mommy
07-10-2005, 09:46 PM
May not be what you are looking for (and I am NOT a Creative Memories consultant) but I use the Creative Memories scrapbook/baby book. It has pages for everything you mentioned...first ____ , dr. visits, statistics, etc. Another thing I did with this book was add pages for every month of DS's first year. CM makes blank calendar pages. I keep one on my refrigerator and just fill in whenever, so I have the big milestones as well as just day to day accomplishments and cute things. Then at the end of the month all I have to do is stick it in the scrapbook with a few pictures. I don't spend a lot of time on it at all.