PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Fans in the Tri-State (OH-KY-IN) Area!

hez
07-09-2005, 07:23 AM
If you don't have any plans tonight, there's a Cincinnati Pops concert of music from all 6 Star Wars movies at Riverbend.

We went last night to celebrate DH's birthday with a group of friends. We took Payton even though it was an 8 o'clock concert (he did great). The kid who played Boba Fett in Episodes 2 & 3 narrated, there were LOTS of characters in costume, a couple choreographed scenes with light sabres, and the best part (besides the music) was an aerialist. Our whole group (and the whole audience) was in love with the aerialist!

So if you're a fan of the Star Wars music, live close and you haven't made plans for this evening, call the box office & see if you can get lawn seats. They're $20 for adults-- kiddos under 12 are free. And boy, there were TONS of kids there last night.

DH is thinking this show will get picked up by other Pops orchestras in the future (seems to be just Cincy & Toronto this summer) so be on the lookout in other areas next summer. It was a great show!

NEVE and TRISTAN
07-10-2005, 10:26 PM
Reichen is obsessed with Star Wars...
Sounds like the perfect celebration for a DH!!!!

We joked last night when we saw #2 ...again!!!...that the little bobafett looks like Tristan...I wonder if he still does with age????
Neve
Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (2) and baby girl Bronwyn born March 10th!!!!

hez
07-11-2005, 06:26 AM
Here's a copy of his pic off the Cincy Pops website (he's definitely a cutie-- and only 18, if you can believe it!):

http://www.cincinnatipops.org/images/LoganDaniel.jpg

Hopefully a Pops orchestra near you will pick this up to do next summer. I was simply amazed by the number of kids under 10 (and under 5!) there, having the best time. I only wish we'd remembered our camera-- there were lots of photo ops with characters.