PDA

View Full Version : Any creative moms out there? Have you decorated your own tee shirts?

StaceyKim
07-09-2005, 08:44 AM
I would like to decorate tee shirts for a childrens birthday party as a give away (party favors).

We have a carters discount store nearby where I can buy a bunch of tee's in bulk.

Where do I start?
What do I need?
The party is in a few weeks so I need to get moving on this fast.
I would like to personalize them too.

TIA!!!!!

bunnisa
07-09-2005, 09:28 AM
You can buy "Iron On" printer paper -- make the design on your computer, print it out, iron it on, and voila!

I think that's the easiest way to go. DH has a shirt that was made this way for an event, and nearly 4 yrs later, it still looks good. Very little fading.

Bethany
mom to one and one on the way!
http://lilypie.com/days/060226/0/8/1/-6/.png

bcky2
07-09-2005, 09:49 AM
i use fabric paint(well it can really be used for more then fabric) and stencils and a paint brush. i got it all at michaels for cheap. stencils are a few dollars and the paints are a dollar or less each. it turns out very cute. and it washes up real well, has not faded at all. i can post or email some pictures if you like, just let me know :)

Mikesa3
07-09-2005, 11:17 AM
Here are lots of ideas.I like #2 the thumb garden one. http://searchb.familyfun.go.com/familySearch?qt=t-shirts
HTH
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

mcdonald29
07-09-2005, 11:21 AM
Maybe this is too involved (especially since I would never be able to do it!), but for DS's birthday, one of my friends cut out a shape from a fabric swatch (i.e. a surf board) and sewed it onto the front. It looks great and is also very personal. She said it was very easy...

StaceyKim
07-09-2005, 12:21 PM
ooooo, i love the iron-on idea!!!
i could put her picture on it too. how cute!
i need to run out to michaels and get working on this.
i might have it printed at kinkos to print in color

everyone, thanks for all the great ideas!!!
i am so excited.
if i *really* motivate and do it i will post the pictures!