PDA

View Full Version : Which Omega 3 supplement to order?

Mikesa3
07-10-2005, 06:25 PM
I've decided to start taking a Omega 3 supplement but looking at the http://www.nordicnaturals.com/retailers/ultimateomega.asp website I can't decide which would be best. I was thinking of the woman one but noticed the levels in the ingredients are a lot lower then the other ones. Anyone take these and can recommend one to try?
Thanks
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

nov04
07-10-2005, 07:14 PM
It seems like you've picked a great company to deal w/ (assuming their claims are accurate). Molecular distillation, no harmful pollutants and frequent testing are important to me.

I would tend to stick w/ a pill w/ no additional ingredients unless I'd thorough checked them out too.

beckyr88
07-10-2005, 07:24 PM
nak. we take Coromega here. it's in a lttle ketchup-type packet and actually tastes good! dd calls it her 'special vitamin'. hth!

eta: www.coromega.com

JElaineB
07-10-2005, 08:19 PM
I take Nordic Naturals (when I remember :)). It is the brand recommended by Dr. Andrew Weil from Prevention magazine. I just take the regular "Omega-3" type, pretty standard fish oil only supplement. Two a day supplies 1400 mg Omega-3 fatty acids (720 mg EPA, 480 mg DHA, 200 mg other omega-3), which is pretty close to what I've seen recommended in a couple of places. I tried other Omega-3 supplements in the past and couldn't stand them because of fishy burps (sorry if TMI). I have never had that problem with Nordic Naturals.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

Mikesa3
07-10-2005, 09:25 PM
Thanks,I guess I should be thinking about giving some to my kids too. Is there any special age that it should be used for or is it good for all ages?

Mikesa3
07-10-2005, 09:27 PM
Thanks,do you order them from the Nordic website or do you find them somewhere else cheaper? Do you take any other vitimin supplements?

lisams
07-10-2005, 10:50 PM
I also take the regular Nordic Naturals Omega-3, but I just take one a day. I really like how there is no aftertaste.

I found it at a local health food store, called Sprouts.

HTH,
Lisa

houseof3boys
07-14-2005, 08:49 PM
I just ordered today from vitaminshoppe.com and got the Nordic one that is lemon flavored. We'll have to post about how we like them!

Go through ebates and you will get a code for $5 off a $25 or $10 off a $40. I got some more Animal Parade vitamins for Ryan and some essential oil that I was about out of so I made it to $40. :)

JElaineB
07-14-2005, 11:20 PM
I get mine at our local natural foods co-op.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

saalmc
07-15-2005, 04:19 PM
Carlson, Solaray, Nature's Plus, KAL and Kyolic all make good quality fish oil supplements as well, in case you can find those closer to home (as opposed to online). I have taken most of these and they do not have a noticeable flavor or aftertaste. I think the Carlson liquid tasted good, actually, and have used it in a salad dressing.

HTH,
Sara