PDA

View Full Version : WWYD - vacation sleep Q

psophia17
07-13-2005, 12:15 PM
DH, DS, and I are going to house-sit for family for about 5 days in a couple of weeks. It's a 4 hour drive, and we're planning to leave on the Friday afternoon after DH gets home from work.

DS has slept in a crib from birth, and has never had a problem sleeping in the crib. He's slept in a PnP once, and although it went alright, it was almost a year ago, and these days DS doesn't even sleep in the carseat - it's the crib or nothing. We have a PnP, so he could sleep in it, but I'm wondering if it wouldn't be a safer bet to take the crib apart and just bring it along with us.

WWYD?

tny915
07-13-2005, 12:26 PM
Well our situation's similar: We're going on vacation in October for the first time ever. DD's slept in the crib from 4 months onward every night since and most naps. We're bringing a PnP and I've bought a cushy playyard mattress and soft sheets to make it more comfortable. We plan on naps in the car or stroller out and about. And at night we're going to put her down at 7 and hope for the best. I'm really crossing my fingers that she'll be fine after the first night. But in case it turns out to be a disaster, I'm bringing a sling or two with me to see if she'll sleep in one till I'm ready for bed (although she's never slept in a sling in her life, LOL). And if all else fails, she'll sleep in our bed.

I considered renting a crib from a local company in the area, and I think they would have even assembled and disassembled for us. Maybe you can do that instead of packing up your own crib.

Good luck!

KrisM
07-13-2005, 12:36 PM
I'd probably practice with the PNP at home. Who knows, maybe it'll be fine. If not, I'd either bring or rent a crib.

amp
07-13-2005, 02:48 PM
Boy, I sure wouldn't want to disassmble and reassemble the crib! Bringing the PNP is enough extra stuff! Traveling w/ kiddos is a huge undertaking luggage-wise! I'd try the PNP at home, or bring it and hope for the best, or try to rent/borrow from somewhere. There are rental places out there, and we have BBB members all over, one of whom might have an already disassembled crib or portable crib. Just a suggestion!