PDA

View Full Version : Help - does anyone have rental property?

luvmypeanut
07-13-2005, 03:55 PM
We would like to rent out our condo and I was wondering if there is a rental application I can download online for prospective tenants? And for short term like 6 months, do you ask for first and last month's rent? In addition to a security deposit? Any tips or resources?

Many thanks!

saschalicks
07-13-2005, 04:23 PM
For a rental application go to your local real estate office website and see if they can help you find one. As far as charging it depends on the city you live in. Example: I live in Los Angeles, you can only ask for Security equivalent to 2x's rent plus the first month's rent (usually pro-rated when needed). You cannot word it as first and last months rent, it must be Security Deposit that is refundable minus damages. I would check local city ordinances on this where you live. Also, in addition to all of that I highly recommend advertising on Craigs List for rentals. You will get the best response believe it or not. HTH

alleyoop
07-13-2005, 04:27 PM
I think that MrLandlord.com is a good site. I'm not sure if they have the applications online, as we used a really cheap program that we bought at Circuit City to do all of our apps and paperwork... but we did all of our credit checks through them.

Good Luck,

aliceinwonderland
07-13-2005, 04:32 PM
I own no rental property (ha!), but I know there's several local indipendent landlord associations that provide free (or cheap) help, acces to forms, etc.