PDA

View Full Version : What kind of fun classes or activities does your child participate?

Corie
07-14-2005, 05:33 PM
My daughter will resume her preschool at the end of August.
She will be almost 4 years old and attending her preschool
on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9-noon.

I was going to let her sign up for one activity class
as well. What kind of fun classes are your kids involved
with?

Also, do you rotate and do different things?

For example, one semester, my daughter took ballet. Then,
we switched at semester and she did a gymnastics class. (She is still young and we are having fun!)

Any class suggestions? What are your favorites?

alkagift
07-14-2005, 08:04 PM
My son is considerably younger (have you asked this question on the Toddler Board?) but we basically just do the extras in the winter. Now, having said that, my son is in speech therapy so it's like having another activity. We've done a music class and a gym, and while he loved the gym, I think he's old enough now to appreciate the music class more and next time I think I'll do that. There is mostly singing and dancing with hand instruments, not really learning to play an instrument involved.

Edited to correct spelling...

Allison
Mommy to Matthew, who is TWO!

HGraceMom
07-15-2005, 07:37 AM
We rotate the activities as well - as much for DD's enjoyment as my own sanity... though will be starting violin lessons in September that I'll likely keep her in for years (I wasn't allowed to quit from age 3 through 18... my mom's a martyr - I don't plan to be that strict!)

So far we've tried 6 or 12 week sessions of the following...
Ballet, Gymnastics, Swimming (probably her most favorite,) an art class at the local arts council, Spanish (probably her least favorite...) a story "club" at the library, and other one-time events through the years.

This summer we're only doing community ed. swimming, in addition to one full & one half day of preschool. Our town has wonderful children's concerts in the park every wed. at noon, so with those events, our summer is pretty busy, though not too structured.

In the fall she'll do 3 mornings of pre-k, violin lessons, and maybe still the swimming class, depending on the schedule, and my sanity for driving everywere!

I'm going to steer clear of organized sports (soccer, t-ball, etc.) for now - once in grade school she can pick them up if she really wants.