PDA

View Full Version : A Very Late Birth Announcement--Alyssa is Here!!

MommytoDylan
07-17-2005, 10:53 PM
Alyssa Meredith was born on June 6th via scheduled c-section. She weighed 9 lbs. 4 oz. and measured 21 inches long. There was a collective gasp in the operating room as her large body came out because no one though I looked "that big". I had, however, felt "that big" for a large portion of my pregnancy!!

My first DS was born via emergency c-section (preemie with full body infection who was immediately put on a ventilator and rushed to a local children's hospital). Consequently, I was a bit nervous going into this delivery and was so thankful for the "uneventful" outcome. My wonderful doctor, the same one as DDowning had with her little one, talked me through the entire procedure so I knew how everything was progressing on the other side of the curtain. DH enjoyed taking lots of pictures in the delivery room and got a cool one of A. just as she came out which I attached below.

Alyssa took to nursing right away while I was in recovery and then she and I joined family and friends in my hospital room. It was such a different experience to have our baby room in with me and to have what DH called a "wireless baby". Dylan had so many monitors and wires that holding him had been a major deal!

I came home a day early and had a much slower recovery this time than last. It was hard to stop myself from picking up my DS and not overdoing it.

Now we are slowly getting back to normal, though our sweet girl appears to have colic. I know this newborn phase, and all the exhaustion that comes with it, is such a short time so I am trying to soak up all the sweetness and not take a moment for granted.

Sorry it took me so long to post and thanks, Allison, for checking on me!! I needed help to figure out how to get pictures to attach. The first is A. at delivery. The second is A. with DH and I a few hours after her arrival. The last is A. at 5 weeks old.

Thanks for all the support and information you all provided to get me through this pregnancy!!

Love,
Meredith

almostamom
07-17-2005, 11:01 PM
Meredith,
What a beautiful baby girl you have! The pictures are all great, but the smile in the five week old one is just too precious! What a sweetheart! Congratulations to you all.

Hugs,

~Linda~
DS 11/04

HannaAddict
07-17-2005, 11:26 PM
Congratulations!! That first picture is absolutely amazing. I don't think they would have let my husband take one like that, and as he said, he doesn't think he would have been able to. What a great picture. You look terrific as well and she is adorable. I'm glad this c-section was uneventful.

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

NancyJ_redo
07-18-2005, 01:01 AM
Wow Meredith, I don't know which picture I like best. They are all great, yet in different ways. Congratulations on the arrival of little Alyssa and I'm so happy to hear that all went well, especially considering the size of her!! I seem to recall you being petite (based on pics that we all posted last year of our families), so I'm sure Alyssa's size was a big surprise!

JodiM
07-18-2005, 01:03 AM
Wow, congratulations on the birth of your daughter! Alyssa is just gorgeous, and I have to say, she takes after her mother. You are gorgeous! Especially for just having a baby.

What a great looking family!

RwnMayfair
07-18-2005, 01:20 AM
Congratulations to you all! She's absolutely adorable. :) And can I just say, you look great in the picture hours after she was born!

Again, congratulations to you all and welcome to the world, Alyssa!

-Melissa

Taran, November 20, 2003

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif - Eighteen months!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/031120/0/5/0/-5/.png
http://lilypie.com/days/050821/4/0/0/-5/.png

Marisa6826
07-18-2005, 01:39 AM
Meredith-

She's just beautiful!! The lighting on that first picture is just amazing! I love the 5w old pic - BIG blue eyes!!

And, how is it that you look sooo freaking fabulous after just having a 9 pounder?!

Try Gripe Water for the colic. That stuff is worth its weight in gold. I promise!

How is Dylan dealing with big brotherhood?

Congratulations Girlie!

hugs

-m

american_mama
07-18-2005, 02:55 AM
Meredith: Congratulations! I could look at that photo of her being born for hours. It's like she's welcoming the world with her arms, but her face is saying, I think I want to go back in! Great photos all around, and you look fabulous.

-- Karen

jd11365
07-18-2005, 07:11 AM
She's beautiful! I love her name too, and I love that she shares it with you. :)

I second Marisa about the Gripe Water. RUN, don't walk to go get some. Get 2 bottles, one for home and one for the diaper bag. It's liquid gold. Works for hiccups too, but that was the least of my concerns as Kayla had horrible colic and we were at our wits end. She had immediate relief with the GW, and so did I. ;)

Sarah1
07-18-2005, 08:20 AM
Meredith--

A big (albeit belated) CONGRATS to you!!!!!!

Alyssa is beautiful. I love the one of her at delivery with her arms outstretched--it's like she's saying, hello world, here I am! And you look beautiful in the hospital, too :)

Thanks for sharing your story and the pictures! Hope you can stay well and get some decent sleep here and there!

amp
07-18-2005, 09:07 AM
She is absolutely beautiful! You are a gorgeous family! Congratulations on the birth of Alyssa!

icunurse
07-18-2005, 09:11 AM
Absolutely beautiful. I love the first pic, it's like she's saying,"Okay, world, here I am!" Congrats!
Traci
~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
Agency paperwork completed - waiting for #2!

steph2003
07-18-2005, 09:12 AM
she is perfection! And you look fabulous after just giving birth!!!

SummerBaby
07-18-2005, 09:15 AM
What a beautiful girl! I hope she's over her colic soon.

Val
Mom to Madeline
7/28/04

g-mama
07-18-2005, 10:19 AM
Meredith,

What a beautiful baby girl Alyssa is. Your family is gorgeous, as well. I love that first photo. We have one like that when Benjamin was first born and I just love it so much. It is truly an amazing moment and to have it captured is priceless. Congrats, mama!

Kristen
Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
and a third one coming in december '05!

jk3
07-18-2005, 10:46 AM
Congratulations! Fabulous pictures!

Jenn
DS 6/3/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

mudder17
07-18-2005, 10:55 AM
Wow, Meredith, she is absolutely beautiful! I love all the pictures, but that first one is really cool! Congratulations!

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 16 months & counting

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_4_Kaya+is.png

hez
07-18-2005, 11:10 AM
Oh my goodness, she is gorgeous (as is her mama!). I too am in awe of the first pic-- we have one of Payton at a similar time, and he doesn't look nearly so excited to be greeting the world!

Beautiful girl-- congratulations!!!

alkagift
07-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Meredith,
How great to hear from you! I'm so happy for you and your DH and Dylan! The pictures are wonderful, she's so cute. I have to admit loving the first one best. Even though usually birth pictures look a little traumatic to me, Alyssa looks like she's being touched by grace and opening her arms out to greet you. That's just wonderful.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew, who is TWO!

mamato1
07-18-2005, 12:14 PM
What a beauty! Congratulations.

Chris

Mama to Brendan (aka Boomer) 01/04

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040116/0/1/3/-6/.png

MommytoDylan
07-18-2005, 03:24 PM
Thanks for all your well wishes and sweet words!! Hope the delivery room picture didn't gross anyone out. I think birth is beautiful but I know not everyone does :)

Meredith

NEVE and TRISTAN
07-18-2005, 06:16 PM
Congrats Meredith and welcome to the BBB little Alyssa!!!!
Neve
Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (2) and baby girl Bronwyn born March 10th!!!!

mekiemom
07-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Congratulations on your baby girl, what a beauty!

Jennifer

Puddy73
07-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Congratulations! Those pictures are incredible! Have you tried gripe water or Mylicon drops for colic? Both helped my DD at different times. Have fun savoring those precious newborn momemnts!

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/03 & a little pumpkin due 10/05

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

mama2galpals
07-18-2005, 08:24 PM
Congratulations! She is just beautiful in that third picture!!!!!!!!!!

rita
mommy to
olivia '97
stella '00
emma '03

There is no remedy for love but to love more.
--Henry David Thoreau

http://lilypie.com/baby3/030123/3/4/1/+10/.png

momtoemma
07-18-2005, 08:48 PM
Congratulations Meredith and family and welcome Alyssa! She is beautiful!

MommytoDylan
07-18-2005, 10:11 PM
I haven't tried gripe water yet! After reading people's suggestions about it I tried to find it this afternoon--at our drugstore and Target. Do I need to go to a Whole Foods type of store?

We just had a long crying bout this evening and DH just left for a long business trip! Any advice on where to purchase this magical gripe water would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks,
Meredith

lrucci
07-18-2005, 10:51 PM
Meredith,

She is beautiful. Congratulations mama!!

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

mharling
07-18-2005, 10:54 PM
Meredith!!! I was wondering about you. :)

Congrats on Alyssa's arrival! She is absolutely beautiful and you look great! Hope everything is going well.

Mary - Some days work. Some days don't.
Lane - April 2003
Faye - March 2005

mharling
07-18-2005, 10:55 PM
> Do I need to go to a Whole Foods type of store?

Yes. Good luck!!

Mary - Some days work. Some days don't.
Lane - April 2003
Faye - March 2005

darby24
07-19-2005, 02:05 AM
Congratulations! Welcome Alyssa!

Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos

barbarhow
07-19-2005, 07:29 AM
Wow!!! Your pictures are amazing! The first of your DD is incredible-she looks like she is showing the world what a champion she is. You look amazing-not like you have just been through a long pregnancy at all-beautiful family. That last picture is so gorgeous it gave me goosebumps. Enjoy your beautiful DD.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!