PDA

View Full Version : Anyone read "Seven Times the Sun"? --redhookmom?

daisymommy
07-18-2005, 12:08 PM
I was reading the thread about providing structure in your toddler's day, and especially noticed Jessica's (redhookmom) wording of "rhythm" which made me think of this book-- "Seven Times the Sun: Guiding your child trhough the rhythms of the day" by Shea Darian.

Has anyone read this book? I was especially wondering if you read it Jessica, since you're living in a "happy hippie home" :) Love that siggy by the way! Did anyone enjoy it and get some great ideas out of it?

I am feeling like I am beyond having a written schedule like I did when Joshua was a baby (I was so stressed out I felt like if I didn't follow it, things were chaos!)--and now feel like I just need more consistent "rythm and routine" in our life.

Looking forward to your input Mamas!

daisymommy
07-18-2005, 02:44 PM
I just bought it from amazon.com :) This is also a shameless "bump" to see if anyone else has read it yet!

redhookmom
07-18-2005, 03:45 PM
Yes. I read it. I wasn't sure what to make of it. But I found that over time I've really been able to take things from it. It has a very simple, slightly repetative structure and a few fabulous insights.

Her main point, that you can and should make ritual, rhythm and routine for your family is very compelling and reading the book can inspire everyday ways to do that. I'd recommend it. I think I wanted a few sample rhythms so I could jump right in. When the truth is that you have to figure out what works for your family.

It is a Walorf book. Many of the same ideas and more inspiration can be found at: http://waldorfhomeschoolers.com/