PDA

View Full Version : Could this be a shot reaction?

lmintzer
07-20-2005, 09:37 AM
Jeez. If so, it's really bad. Yesterday morning, Joshua had his Pediarix #4 (DPT and HIB together) as well as his Chicken Pox vaccine. He's started spiking fevers in the afternoon and was up close to 104 at night. He's completely miserable, too. Crying and crying and not easily comforted. Right now, he's in his crib fighting his nap. He's crying with his eyes closed, poor lamb. He can't even sleep and needs to so badly. He's not the type to let me rock him and he's already nursed twice. I may have to resort to a Baby Einstein video in a minute if he doesn't fall asleep.

Now, my question is, could this possibly be from the shots, or is he sick? Big Brother was sick last week. I wonder if he is coming down with it. I believe Jack had coxackie (sp?) virus which Joshua had last summer. I know there are different strains. I was hoping Joshua would get it, because Jack had fevers and a sore throat for 4 days.

Has anyone's child ever spiked so high from immunizations?

amp
07-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Call the ped, just to be sure. Maybe he caught what his brother had, but maybe not. I don't know if there's anything to be done, but better safe. Call and ask. It's business hours and that's what they are there for. Hope the poor guy feels better soon! Hugs!