PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte Mamas I Need Recommendations

mmaimp
07-20-2005, 10:10 AM
My sister's baby shower is in Charlotte the first weekend in August. Due to certain circumstances we are just getting the food together now. Does anyone have recommendations for caterers? I'm open to all ideas including carry out and full service. It's a couples shower that starts at 4pm. We have invited about 80 people. Thanks for the help!

steph2003
07-20-2005, 11:58 AM
I was going to suggest La Tea Da's as a venue - adorable tea house for showers & little girl tea parties. I think they might do catering as well.

I would highly recommend Simply Classic catering - they have a shop uptown in my old work building. They also offered sandwiches, etc. on my floor. I went to a women's forum cocktail thing that they catered & it was great food. Little appetizers, etc. They put a gourmet spin on everything. I've used some of their food to fill in for holiday meals :)

If you are looking for something more casual McAlister's Deli is a fave lunch spot of mine (it is a chain) but their sandwich platters, etc I'm sure would be great. I LOVE their sweet tea.

Also we have Dean & Deluca here & I know they do catering.

Hope that helps - let me know if you need any other help!

nov02mom
07-20-2005, 01:34 PM
Actually- I have no new ideas....Steph hit them all on the head! Heck- I didn't even know there was another Charlotte Mommy on here!

steph2003
07-20-2005, 02:31 PM
Kristen
we've exchanged emails before :) I post on the Charlotte Mommies board as well - I was also the one asking about PCOS ;)

mmaimp
07-20-2005, 08:27 PM
Thanks ladies!!! I can't find info for Simply Classic catering. We used D&D for the hotel suite on her wedding day and they were great but the one near South Park is the one open on weekends and it's a long trip to South Park from her house. La Tea Da's looks great too.

We have one local friend helping out and I wanted ideas and some places for her to price for us.

Thanks again,

nov02mom
07-20-2005, 08:32 PM
hehehehe......I didn't recognize the name over here! LOL Shoot me a PM one of these days....let me know how it's going!

steph2003
07-21-2005, 07:08 AM
doh! It is Something Classic Catering - got the name wrong. I've been at home far too long now & forgetting work things :)

here is the number 704-377-4202

Also not sure where the house is but there is a Dean & Deluca dowtown area as well as one in South Charlotte in Stonecrest shopping center (I think that is the shopping center)

mmaimp
07-21-2005, 07:13 AM
Sis lives up in Davidson. The D&D downtown (Uptown) is closed on the weekends. Thanks for the phone number. I will check it out. I also found a Italian Deli that caterers near Lake Norman.

Thank you for all the help!!!!!

miki
07-21-2005, 09:48 AM
If your sister lives in Davidson and that's where you are having the shower, you might want to check local restaurants. Here is one in Cornelius, the next town, that is supposed to be very good. I've not been myself but people tell me it's a special occasion type restaurant. They have a catering menu on their website: http://www.fuzionbistro.com/catering.htm . There is another restaurant in Cornelius called City Tavern. We go there probably once a month. They do catering as well: http://www.city-tavern.com/ct/ .