PDA

View Full Version : anybody see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory???

NEVE and TRISTAN
07-21-2005, 09:10 AM
thinking about taking the crew today and suspect it to be way over their head but hoped they could laugh at parts atleast and that mommy could at the same time catch a movie she'd like to see???

Kiddos 6-4 and 2 what do you think?

Neve
Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (2) and baby girl Bronwyn born March 10th!!!!

Sarah1
07-21-2005, 09:15 AM
A good friend of mine went over the weekend (w/her DH, no kids in tow) and I asked if she thought toddlers would enjoy it (she has a daughter Audrey's age)...she said she thought some parts would be a little scary for young kids.

elliput
07-21-2005, 09:17 AM
I saw it on Saturday. It was great! There were tons of kids about your DSs' ages. There didn't seem to be anything really scary or frightening (unless you are afraid of Oompa-loompas!) Johnny Depp was fabulous, of course. There are a couple of street scenes with prams being wheeled through also.

Go see it!

Calmegja2
07-21-2005, 10:20 AM
Yes. I took my 9 and 3 year old. The three year old fell asleep, so it wasn't too scary.

I think it'd be just fine. It was a great movie, and different enough from the first that I don't feel any split allegiance.

MelissaTC
07-21-2005, 10:23 AM
We took Matthew to see it the other day. We found it to be a bit long for him and not entertaining enough. He got bored towards the end. My Mom and I thought it was weird but interesting. Definitely like the original best!

NEVE and TRISTAN
07-21-2005, 02:03 PM
No one was scared in the least though Tristan really didn't sit still until they actually had the chocolate factory scenes, I think the grey colors till then just bored him and didn't grab his attention.

He 100% could not understand or bond with any of the activity or characters I have no doubt...but atleast stayed put so we could.

Karsh also I suspect didn't get into it but he would say loudly "mommy that's funny" at funny parts

Reichen really liked it...but I also had to explain things to him as it went along and had a lengthy conversation about it on the way home. so he enjoyed it not really due to the story line as much as the fun scenes etc...

Mama bear on the other hand LOVED IT!!!!
Very well done and entertaining!!!!

Thanks ladies for your input!!!

Neve

caridura
07-21-2005, 02:09 PM
I SO want to see it. I am a huge Johnny Depp fan. :)

elliput
07-21-2005, 02:12 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I thought it was an excellent film all the way around. But course, I am a huge Johnny Depp and Tim Burton fan. Burton has such wonderful vision and creativity in his films.

crayonblue
07-21-2005, 04:42 PM
I am totally amazed by you! I would love to see this movie but I am afraid to take my one child to a movie, much less three of them! Did you take Bronwyn too? I have a feeling you are one of those people who has it all together all the time, regardless of the situation! Cool as a cucumber type! :)

mudder17
07-21-2005, 05:02 PM
That's excellent! I have saved it in my Netflix queue although we just found a neighborhood kid willing to babysit at night, so maybe DH and I will sneak off to the movies! :P I too am a Johnny Depp and Tim Burton fan!

And Neve, your "Mama bear on the other hand LOVED IT!!!" totally cracked me up. :P

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 16 months & counting

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_4_Kaya+is.png

NEVE and TRISTAN
07-21-2005, 07:14 PM
I so do not have it all together all of the time...
I did take the 4 kids to see the movie and called a friend who took her 3 and must say she did it a lot better than I did.
We really had no problems thru out the movie BUT once home and I couldn't get tristan down for his nap and I so badly wanted one I can assure you I was FAR FAR FAR from together...

You are sweet but I so don't want you thinking that I have it all together for that is far from the case honey- I PROMISE!!!!!!!

Neve