PDA

View Full Version : Checking in and saying hello

egoldber
07-22-2005, 08:42 AM
Hi all! Just wanted to say hello and give a few updates.

First, I wanted to thank everyone again who sent cards, and a special thanks to Rachel for coordinating that. We were just overwhelmed by everyone's support. It truly meant so much to us at an incredibly dark time. Overall, we are coping day by day. Some days are better than others, some hours are better than others. There will always be a huge hole in our life where Leah should be, but we are slowly learning to move on in our new reality.

On another sad note, we lost our dog this week. For those of you who have been around for awhile, you may remember that Cokie, our Pembroke Welsh Corgi, was extremely ill 2 1/2 years ago with IMHA (immune mediated hemolytic anemia), an extremely serious autoimmune disease. She had been in remission, but this last weekend she relapsed. This time she had several additional serious complications, and after days of very aggressive treatment to which she did not respond, the vet recommended we euthanize her. While it would have been terrible to lose a dog that had been a member of our family for over 11 years at any time, to lose her now was quite a blow.

On a less sad note, we have had a busy summer with travel and what not. Sarah is in a summer camp program that is 5 days a week and is keeping her very busy. She is enjoying it immensely and is thriving on the routine. She is integrating the losses we have experienced in her own time and in her own way, but overall I think she is coping well.

I also wanted to take a moment to do a quick update on the Leah Goldberg Memorial Fund, that many of you were so generous to donate to. Adam and I have been pondering what would be most appropriate to do with this money. For those who do not know, after Leah died we were able to donate many of her bodily tissues for transplantation. She was not an organ donor in the general sense, due to the circumstances of her death, but we were able to make available her heart valves, corneas, pericardium and liver cells for transplant. Other tissues were also made available for potentially life saving medical research. Being able to do this was a huge source of comfort for us, so we have decided that at least part of the money will go to the Washington Regional Transplant Consortium (http://www.wrtc.org/), the group that we worked with to make Leah's tissues available for donation.

Again, thanks for all the support. I've been reading a bit here and there on the boards as things become less painful. I hope to be joining back in slowly. I miss the board, but often it is just too painful for me to be here. Best wishes all.

crayonblue
07-22-2005, 08:51 AM
Hi Beth! Good to see you checking in. I am sorry to hear about your dog. You guys have been through so much.

I was actually just thinking about you this morning, wondering how you are doing. Thanks for posting!

psophia17
07-22-2005, 08:54 AM
We miss you Beth - I'm so glad you posted an update. Leah, you, and your family are often in my thoughts.

daisymommy
07-22-2005, 08:54 AM
Beth, so good to "see you" here again, even if just breifly :) We have all missed you immensely, and think about you and and your family often. I hope and pray that the healing continues as time goes on, but understand how much it still must hurt to have a hole in your life were Leah should be. I am so sorry that your saddness has been compounded by the loss of Cokie. It's amazing how much our animals become family :)

I think it is a wonderful thing you have done, continuing Leah's life in others and helping to further another person's well-being thru her. Hoepfully that will be of some more comfort to you and Adam in the future, knowing a part of her lives on :)

We understand you needing space and time, but pleaes know we think of you and miss your company and wise words of parenting wisdom. Take care, and may God bless.

searchdog
07-22-2005, 08:55 AM
It is so nice to hear from you. Sorry about the loss of your dog. Your family is still in my thoughts and prayers as you continue in your healing process.

mudder17
07-22-2005, 08:55 AM
Beth, it is so good to "see" you! I think about Leah every day and can't even come close to understanding how difficult it is for you and your family. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Cokie! As a pet owner who has had to euthanize 2 very sick cats, and lost 3 others, I am hurting for you!

I continue to keep you and your family in my prayers and especially pray for you to find peace.

Lots of love!

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 17 months & counting

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_4_Kaya+is.png

amp
07-22-2005, 08:56 AM
Beth, I can honestly say that I think about you every single day of my life. I did this morning, as I do everyday, and I wondered if we would see any news from you sometime soon. I often think about emailing you or something, but I don't want to intrude, as we've only known one another thru these boards. Just know that you, Leah, and your family are never far from my thoughts and my prayers.

You've been dealt some magnificent blows in the last months. I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your dog. I know it must have been a terrible loss to a family who was already grieving as you are.

We miss seeing you here, and yet understand how painful it must be to come here, and of course you have had so much other stuff to deal with. Your absence has left a hole here, and I hope that you know that we will embrace you when you find yourself more able to come back here.

I also wanted to add that you and Adam gave a wonderful gift by giving Leah's tissues for donation and I think it's wonderful that you hope to continue the gift by donating some of the money from her fund. It's a wonderful way to continue her legacy. As we said before, Leah made a huge impression upon all of us in her short time here, and it looks as thought that is continuing on in other ways. What a gift.

Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

slknight
07-22-2005, 09:08 AM
Hi Beth, it's nice to see you here although I can certainly understand why it must be painful to visit. I am sad that you've also had to endure the loss of your dear dog in addition to precious Leah.

I think of you daily. I had such a nice time at the retreat talking to you and Adam, but I sincerely regret not giving you a big hug and telling you in person how sorry I am about Leah.

Tissue donation to others is an enormous gift and I admire the fact that you are going to continue this legacy with the Memorial fund. I'm off to make a donation because I hadn't done so yet.

Sending more hugs and prayers to your family.

McQ
07-22-2005, 09:17 AM
Beth - Glad to see you poking your nose back over here. We've missed you.

It gives me goosebumps to think of you donating Leah's organs and tissues. She touched so many of us here and will make a lifetime of difference for others.

Allison
~ mama to Declan and Meghan

zuzu
07-22-2005, 10:02 AM
It's good to hear from you, Beth. I think of you often, and am thrilled to know that Leah's special gifts are helping so many others.

I am so, so sorry to hear about Cokie. Our kitty of 12 years passed away last Friday, so I'm sharing some fur-baby tears with you this week. Hugs.

Take care.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

smomom
07-22-2005, 10:19 AM
So nice to see you Beth. I think of you so very often. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. Losing a pet is always difficult, and it just seems like salt on a open wound for you. It's so wonderful that you and Adam chose to help others during your extremely difficult time. I know the families that received Leah's tissues and organs are eternally grateful to you. I hope that offers some comfort for you.

Thanks so much for checking in with us. I hope to see you around as you can. I wish nothing by love and happiness will shine on your family.

A dear friend just lost his dog and found the following poem to help him through the loss of his beloved pet. May it bring some comfort to you.

Lend Me A Pup

I will lend to you for awhile
a puppy, God said,
For you to love him while he lives
and to mourn for him when he is gone.

Maybe for twelve or fourteen years,
or maybe for two or three
But will you, till I call him back
take care of him for me?

He'll bring his charms to gladden you
and (should his stay be brief)
you'll always have his memories
as solace for your grief.

I cannot promise that he will stay,
since all from earth return,
But there are lessons taught below
I want this pup to learn.

I've looked the whole world over
in search of teachers true
And from the folk that crowd life's land I have chosen you.

Now will you give him all your love
Nor think the labour vain
Nor hate me when I come to take my pup back again.

I fancied that I heard them say
"Dear Lord Thy Will Be Done,"
For all the joys this pup will bring,
the risk of grief you'll run.

Will you shelter him with tenderness
Will you love him while you may
And for the happiness you'll know forever grateful stay.

But should I call him back
much sooner than you've planned
Please brave the bitter grief that comes and try to understand.

If, by your love, you've managed
my wishes to achieve,
In memory of him that you've loved,
cherish every moment with your faithful bundle,
and know he loved you too.

ribbit1019
07-22-2005, 10:19 AM
I am so sorry that you have lost Cokie. It is so hard to lose a pet on top of everything else that you have gone through, I can't even imagine.
Please know that you and your family are often in my thoughts and prayers.

Christy
Maddy - weaned at 13 months

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png
Baby Grew! Yay!
http://lilypie.com/days/060301/4/0/0/-5/.png

Emmas Mom
07-22-2005, 10:22 AM
Beth, ever since I had my daughter I've been so much more emotional than I ever was in my life before. Ever since your little Leah came & left so quickly & I found out around the same time I was pregnant again it's amplified a dozen times. I'm sitting here at work crying because in the face of such sadness you & your family did something so kind-hearted & selfless by donating Leah's tissues. You are wonderful people. I wish you & your family peace & love. Please know there are others out here who's lives your family has touched for good. I could only hope in the face of such adversity I could be like you.

jd11365
07-22-2005, 10:35 AM
Thank you so much for taking the time to post an update. I'm sure you know that you are someone who so many of us think about so often. I'm happy to hear that Sarah is enjoying camp, and glad that she is coping well, considering all that she has experienced.

I'm so sorry to hear about Cokie.

SummerBaby
07-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Beth, I still think of you and Leah all the time and hope you are gaining strength and courage each day. I think it is wonderful that part of Leah will live on in others.

I am so sorry about the loss of your dog. What a terrible time. I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts.

Val
Mom to Madeline
7/28/04

heidis2girls
07-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Beth, thank you so much for checking in. I think of you and your family often. I think it's wonderful that you donated Leah's tissues. She touched all of us and is continuing to help people. I'm so sorry to hear about Cokie.

Please remember that you are thought of often and missed by many of us here!

Momof3Labs
07-22-2005, 10:43 AM
Beth, it's good to see you. I'm so sorry about Cokie - that sounds like what we went through with AIHA/IMHA, except we had about 14 months before the relapse that took my girl from me.

Your choice for Leah's Fund is most appropriate; organ transplant and tissue research is also quite close to our family's hearts.

Please continue to take care of yourself.

Roleysmom
07-22-2005, 10:48 AM
Hi, Beth! It is so good to hear from you. I am overwhelmed, but not surprised given what I know of you and your family from your posts and your wise stewardship of the boards, of the generosity you and your family showed by contributing Leah's tissues for transplant and research. It sounds like the Washington Regional Transplant Consortium is a very worthy cause.

I am sorry about the loss of Cokie. I hope that Sarah continues to thrive and I am sure that you and your DH are showing her everyday how to grieve well (in a sense) and draw support from family and friends while moving forward. We had a death in my family when I was a child (although much older than Sarah) and I have so much respect and admiration for how my Mom handled it and how she showed me how to grieve and that is was okay to be sad and angry but we would be safe and make it through. I often think of you and am sure that you are giving this to Sarah as well.

All my best --

Paula -- mom to Roley Julia, January '02

Karenn
07-22-2005, 10:50 AM
So good to see you here! I've been thinking of you often. I do remember hearing about Cokie and I'm so sorry you had to lose her.

I'm sure many families are so grateful for the way that Leah has helped them with their own medical issues. What a wonderful thing to do.

I'm glad to know that you're stopping by the boards every now and then. We do miss you. Take care.

ShayleighCarsensMom
07-22-2005, 10:58 AM
Its so good to hear from you. I often wonder how you and your family are doing.
You are in my thoughts!

Globetrotter
07-22-2005, 11:02 AM
I'm sorry to hear about Cokie..

I'm glad you were able to do the tissue donation, as I know it meant a lot to other families. That is a wonderful cause.

Kris

(formerly Suribear - account problems)

rrosen
07-22-2005, 11:04 AM
Beth,
It is so good to hear from you. We all miss you and think of you so very often. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dog as well.

Please continue to come back and post as you are able.
Love to you all,

murpheyblue
07-22-2005, 11:05 AM
Beth:

Thank you so much for stopping in. You have been in all our thoughts. You and Adam have done such a wonderful job honoring Leah's life and I so glad that has brought you some comfort.

I am so sorry about Cokie.

Sending you hugs and prayers,

pb&j
07-22-2005, 11:05 AM
Dear Beth,

I am so sorry for your loss. My daughter was stillborn, and I know that the grieving process is very complicated, and differs for every person. It will get better with time, as trite as that sounds. My prayer for you is that even in the dark times, you are able to see the joy and love in your life. They are there.

Respectfully,

-Paige,
mom to Emma, s/b 11/04/04
and Max, edd 01/15/06 - it's a BOY!

http://lilypie.com/days/060115/3/25/1/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

laretce6
07-22-2005, 11:07 AM
Beth, it's very good to see you checking in. I just wanted to say thank you for making the decision to make transplant donations. I lost my younger sister to a rare liver disease when I was 6 (she was 2 1/2) but before her death she had 3 liver transplants. My family has always been incredibly greatful to the families who decided to make donations at such an incredibly terrible time. I'll never forget my mother talking about what it meant to her to see my sister's skin pink up (she was always jaundiced) and the whites of her eyes return to their proper color.
Best wishes to your family and I'm so glad to hear that Sarah is doing well.

Caroline
Mama to Eleanor Katherine 8.2.04

Puddy73
07-22-2005, 11:09 AM
Thanks for checking in, Beth! You and your family are often in my thoughts and prayers. You did a wonderful thing by donating Leah's tissues. I'm sure that in some way she helped another suffering family.

May God bless you and comfort you and your family during this time.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/03 & a little pumpkin due 10/05

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

cdlamis
07-22-2005, 11:17 AM
It was great hearing from you. I miss you on the boards and your words of wisdom. Wishing all the best and lots of peace during this trying year. So sorry to hear about your dog.

Thanks for checking in and updating us.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
and Isabella 12-18-04

steph2003
07-22-2005, 11:20 AM
Thanks for checking in Beth - I know all of us here appreciate hearing how you & your family are doing. You have touched all of our lives!

COElizabeth
07-22-2005, 11:27 AM
Beth, like everyone else I think about you and Leah so often. It is comforting to know that your beautiful baby girl continues to grace so many lives. I like to think that right now some very fortunate babies are smiling at their grateful parents or looking forward to long, healthy lives because of Leah's gifts. I'm glad to hear that some of the Leah Goldberg Memorial Fund donations will help make it possible for others to receive lifesaving gifts in the future.

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
and Charlotte, 11-04-04

papal
07-22-2005, 11:30 AM
Hey Beth,
Nice to see you in these parts... I am so sorry about Cokie. Glad to hear Sarah is enjoying summer camp.. what a sweet little girl she is.
Beth, we think of Leah so often... Adam and you are amazing to have donated her tissues.. truly, your courage and wisdom and strength is something I have learned a lot from.
I hope we can get together for dinner sometime soon.
Take care and lots of hugs to you and Adam.

muskiesusan
07-22-2005, 11:34 AM
Beth,

Thank you for taking the time to post an update for us. I think it speaks to wonderful character that you continue to think of others with all that you have been through.

I also think of you on a daily basis and will continue to keep your family in my thoughts. I think it is wonderful what you have done to help others through Leah and it must be a great comfort to know that she lives on.

I am very sorry to hear about Cokie.

I am glad to hear that Sarah is enjoying camp. I often think of Sarah as Nick is just a few months younger. Selfishly, when Nick "tests" me, I often wonder "What would Beth do?" since I know Sarah is probably going through the same stage.

I will be thinking of you often.

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

Jeanne
07-22-2005, 11:49 AM
Hey Beth.
I've been thinking about you and wondering what you were up to.
Prayers are with you as you continue to heal. Take care of yourself.

HannaAddict
07-22-2005, 12:10 PM
I am touched by your email to all of us. Thank you for letting us know how you are and about the wonderful gift you and Leah gave others in such a dark time for your family. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Cokie too. Please take care and know that you and your family are in my thoughts.

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

NEVE and TRISTAN
07-22-2005, 12:10 PM
Oh Beth- I wish we could all give you a huge hug!!!! So glad you posted with an update so many have wanted to know how you all doing.
Our hearts ache for you and the family.

I also wanted to tell you that the Washington Regional Consortium is AMAZING...I worked personally with them when I worked in the ER and the ICU there in your area and can say they are a top notch group and I think what you have decided to do with them is AMAZING.

Edited to add I am sorry to hear about Cokie as well, of course I was around in the days of her initial illness and so many of us felt like we knew her too.

You are an inspiration-
We are here for you...

Neve
Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (2) and baby girl Bronwyn born March 10th!!!!

jk3
07-22-2005, 12:11 PM
Beth,

Thanks for taking the time to post an update. I think of you and your family often. It's great to see Sarah's smiling picture. I'm sorry about the loss of your dog. I know dogs are members of the family and I hope Sarah is coping as well as possible.

Thinking of you,

Jenn
DS 6/3/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

toomanystrollers
07-22-2005, 12:19 PM
Beth,
Thank you so much for stopping in - we miss you a lot around here. I think of you & your family often.

cchavez
07-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Beth, It is so great to hear from you! We miss you!!!

momathome
07-22-2005, 12:30 PM
Beth - I am so glad to hear you are doing well. It sounds like Sarah is having a nice summer. I am very sorry about your dog - I know how hard it is to lose a furry family member. The memorial fund for Leah sounds like it is going to a terrific cause. Please take care of yourself, know that you are thought of often, and come chat with us whenever you can.

JulieL
07-22-2005, 12:44 PM
Beth, I'm glad to hear from you. You and your family are in my thoughts often. Keep in touch, we love hearing how things are going. I'm so sorry about Cokie, it's hard to lose a loved pet that is much part of the family. Let us know if we can help out still, and in the future.

jec2
07-22-2005, 12:46 PM
It is so wonderful to hear from you. I think about your family often and hope that you feel our comfort. hugs to you all.

AvasMama
07-22-2005, 12:57 PM
Beth,
It is so good to hear from you. Thank you for taking the time to update us and share with us how things are going for you and your family.

I continue to think about you and Adam and Sarah and Leah often, and I look forward to seeing more of you here and at our DC events as you feel ready!

Lots of love,
Robyn & Ava

deenass
07-22-2005, 01:07 PM
Beth,

It was so good to "hear" from you. And even better to hear that your family is healing and that Sarah is thriving. Your presence is very much missed on the boards, and I"m glad to know that they provided some measure of comfort during what must have been your darkest hours.

Your decision to donate Leah's tissues is a remarkable one, that in your grief you thought of others and their struggles. I once worked with a woman who received a pancreas transplant, without the generousity of families like yours she would not be here today. Leah's life and spirit will live on through the lives that she saved as well as the memories you have of her.

mamato1
07-22-2005, 01:14 PM
Beth-

I have just recently come out of the closet as a former lurker. Please know that even though we have never met or spoken in person or online, you have often been in my thoughts. The strength and grace you have shown during this impossibly trying time is truly awe inspiring. While I know many appreciate the thanks that you give for the support you have received, I think that the thanks should go to you for allowing us to be a part of the miracle of Leah's short, but rich, life.

Chris

Mama to Brendan (aka Boomer) 01/04

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040116/0/1/3/-6/.png

marinkitty
07-22-2005, 01:54 PM
Beth, thank you for the update. I have been wondering often how you and your family are doing since meeting you at the retreat. I'm so sorry for the loss of your dog, Cokie, losing a beloved pet is always terribly hard, but you have all been dealing with so much already. I am glad to hear that you have been able to travel and that Sarah is coping well. Take care.

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03) and baby brother Jack (3.23.05)

missym
07-22-2005, 02:00 PM
Beth, thank you for the update. Please know that your family continues to be in our thoughts and prayers.

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03... and #2 due Sept 05!

octmom
07-22-2005, 02:06 PM
I know I can't express how I feel any better than Andrea has done already. You remain in my thoughts.

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

TraciG
07-22-2005, 02:06 PM
Hi Beth it's nice to hear from you, I am so sorry about your dog !

I'm glad Sarah is enjoying camp & doing well !

Know that everyone here thinks about u & your family !!!!

mamicka
07-22-2005, 02:29 PM
So glad to see this update, Beth. I think of you & Leah often. I continue to pray for peace for your family.

Allison

cinrein
07-22-2005, 02:55 PM
Beth it's so nice to hear from you. I think of you often and wonder how you are doing.

I'm so sorry about Cokie. I wish you and your family did not have to deal with that now, you have been through enough.

I thinks it's wonderful that you and Adam chose to donate Leah's tissues for transplantation. Leah touched so many people in the short time she was here.

Hugs
Cindy and Anna February 2003

mommy_someday
07-22-2005, 03:21 PM
Beth, I am so glad we got to hear from you again. You are never far from my thoughts, especially when I think I'm having a tough time. My problems seem so small in light of all you have gone through. And now you've lost your beloved Cokie on top of everything else. I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how difficult it is for you to cope from moment to moment. You have to be the strongest person I *know*. To have thought of saving the lives of other children as you were losing your own child takes heart, strength and courage few people possess. I hope that one day you will be able to come here without getting an ache in your heart. Please know you are missed and thought of often.

khakismom
07-22-2005, 03:27 PM
Beth, I think about you almost every day lately, esp. as I near the end of my PG. I'm so glad you checked in here and that we haven't lost you. You are so missed here and have left such a large void.

What a wonderful way to honor Leah's life with a donation to the transplant consortium. She obviously has touched so many lives in her short time here.

Big hugs to you and your family! My prayers are with you!

hez
07-22-2005, 03:42 PM
Thank you for checking in and sharing with us. I'm very sorry to hear about Cokie. However, I am happy to hear that Sarah is doing well. I continue to think about you all the time.

pritchettzoo
07-22-2005, 03:45 PM
Thank you for posting an update on your family. I think of you guys often.

I'm sorry about the loss of your dog.

We miss you around here and hope to see more of you as you're able.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03) and Eli (July '05)

chrissyhowie
07-22-2005, 03:50 PM
Beth,
It's really great to hear from you. I think of you so very often. You and Adam truly are special people. Sarah sounds like she is thriving, thanks to your inner strength and example. I hope that peace continues to find its way to you and your family.

lisams
07-22-2005, 04:19 PM
Beth, it is sooooo good to hear from you. I've been thinking about you. I'm so sorry to hear about Cokie. Losing a pet is hard, but in your situation I can only imagine the pain is so much more.

It's so good to hear an update on Sarah! How wonderful that she is enjoying summer camp!

I've missed having you here, but more importantly I hope that you are able to find comfort somewhere, somehow. I think about you often, and hope that you are getting the support you need. There will always be hundreds of open arms here for you whenever you need it.

RwnMayfair
07-22-2005, 04:40 PM
Thank you for the update, Beth. And I've missed seeing you around. I've been thinking about you all a lot, and I'm glad that Sarah is enjoying camp so much and that your summer has been keeping you busy.

Hugs to you all!

-Melissa

Taran, November 20, 2003

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif - Eighteen months!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/031120/0/5/0/-5/.png
http://lilypie.com/days/050821/4/0/0/-5/.png

bostonsmama
07-22-2005, 04:43 PM
Dana, that is such a beautiful and touching poem. I have a dear friend who just lost a dog, and I will forward that on to her.

Beth, you have amazing strength to be here and go on after such heartbreak. I, too, think of you at the strangest times and hope that life is bringing you more pleasure than pain.

My condolences on the loss of your dog.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Larissa
who is still trying to give birth so she can have more to say

Dcclerk
07-22-2005, 05:01 PM
Thanks for checking in, Beth. It is so great to "hear" from you. I'm sure you know that we all can't wait for you to "come back", but absolutely understand the need to take it slow.

Hugs...

lisaE
07-22-2005, 05:54 PM
Thanks so much for the update. I know I can speak for everyone when I say that we have been thinking of you and your family.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
07-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Beth, It amazes me how often I have thought about someone I have never met. I just lost a child to miscarriage and I know your pain must be so much more. May God bless you and yours.

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04

Rachels
07-22-2005, 05:59 PM
My love and continued support are with you and Adam and Sarah whenever and however you may need them. Leah, as you know, is remembered here with love every single day.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02
New baby coming in October!
(Holy smokes, it's a boy!!!)

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amethyst_36m.gif
Nursed for three years!

mamaharsh
07-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Beth,

It's wonderful to hear from you. You've been very missed. I'm so sorry to hear about Cokie.

Nate and I miss you and Sarah. We'd love to see you two any time you feel up to it. And if there's anything we can do, please let me know.

sbjf
07-22-2005, 06:19 PM
Beth, it's good to see you around again, thank you for letting us know how you are doing. I'm so sorry about the passing of your dog. You and your family are due for some happiness and I hope it finds you very soon.

That is wonderful that Sarah is enjoying summer camp so much. I'm glad to hear that she seems to be coping well.

Hugs on the loss of Cokie and continued healing prayers to you, Beth.

CBB
07-22-2005, 08:28 PM
Beth,
So glad to hear from you. I often wonder how you are doing. I'm sorry about Cokie. I'm so glad that you're able to donate Leah's tissues to help others. Your courage continues to amaze me. Thank you so much for the update.

momtoemma
07-22-2005, 08:41 PM
Beth,

I'm very sorry to hear about your dog. It's just yet another terrible thing that has happened to your family this year! I bet you'd like for this year to be over and done with right now! I think about you and your family everyday as well and pray that you have the strength to get through each and everyday. Thanks for posting an update!

american_mama
07-22-2005, 09:19 PM
Beth: Thanks for your update which, as always, shows your grace and thoughtfulness. I was just thinking of you yesterday regarding something I read on the boards. Another day I thought of you when I contemplated gardening projects around our upcoming new house, and I imagined planting flowers for Leah. Another day, I saw a very old post of yours in Baby Butts and laughed at the relative simplicity of your stash. That must have been before hyena existed. Basically, I think of you so often and in so many ways.

Wishing you, Adam, and Sarah more and more good days over time.

darby24
07-22-2005, 09:46 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Cokie. Sounds like she was a much loved dog.

My thoughts continue to be with you and your family.

ett
07-22-2005, 10:04 PM
Beth - Thank you for the update. Sorry to hear about your dog. Glad to hear that Sarah is enjoying her summer camp. Your family is in my prayers.

jubilee
07-22-2005, 10:25 PM
Beth, I can't tell how how delighted I was that I saw your message. We all really miss you here. Many hugs for you and your family,

deborah_r
07-22-2005, 11:30 PM
It is so great to hear from you Beth! I am so sorry about the loss of Cokie, and sorry that you all have had to experience more loss in your family.

I think of you and your family often. Take care (((Hugs)))

kensjen
07-22-2005, 11:36 PM
Beth,
It is so great to see a thread started by you. You are so missed around this place, it is just not the same without you.

I think about you and Leah every day. Thank you for sharing with us how you are using money from the Memorial Fund. What an amazing gift you gave by donating Leah's tissues and it is great that you can help support the group who helped with this. Leah will live on in so many ways.

You are always in all of our thoughts and prayers. Keep checking in when you can. :)

And Beth, I was so sorry to read about Cokie. I'm sure that is hard, especially now. ((((HUGS)))) mama, I am sure you need them. Take care.

wendmatt
07-23-2005, 01:25 AM
SO good to hear from you Beth. I was driving along thinking about you today so it's really good to see your post. I did not know about the tissue donations, that is wonderful and must be a little comforting. So sorry to hear about Cokie, that's really hard, especially at this time. Thinking of you and sending you best wishes.

almostamom
07-23-2005, 01:41 AM
Beth, it's good to "see" you around here. Please know that your family continues to be in our prayers. What amazingly giving people you are to think of others at such an incredibly difficult time.

Hugs,
~Linda~
DS 11/04

SweetTooth
07-23-2005, 03:54 AM
Hi Beth,
I am new to the board & just heard about you & your precious baby girl. I wanted to express my sorrow for you & your family. I cannot imgaine what you all must have gone & are going through. And then to lose your beloved pet. Please know that although we don't know each other, you & your family are in my thoughts & I wish you all well. Your precious Leah's life has touched me & I am inspired by your family's strength & donations that will help countless others. My thoughts are with you & your loved ones.

heatherlynn
07-23-2005, 06:16 AM
Beth,

I'm glad you posted. I think of you and your family often. And I'm so sorry to hear about your dog.

God bless.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
and #3 edd 11/05 (it's a girl!)

Sarah1
07-23-2005, 08:23 AM
Beth,

It's great to "see" you. I think of you often. I'm glad your summer is going well and that Sarah is having so much fun at camp. I'm sure it helps to see her thriving.

So sorry to hear about your dog.

You are really missed around here. Thanks for keeping us posted on things.

KrisM
07-23-2005, 11:05 AM
Thank you for taking the time for an update. I think of you and your family often. I am sorry to hear about your dog.

cara1
07-23-2005, 11:09 AM
I think of you often. You definitely have a role here, and we want you back as soon as you are ready. I know we all miss you and your wisdom. Glad Sarah is doing well.

brittone2
07-23-2005, 12:08 PM
I'm so glad that you posted, Beth. I've been thinking of you often and wondering how you and your family are doing.

Please know that your absence on the boards has certainly been felt and we all miss you dearly. With that said, I can only imagine how difficult it must be to read and post right now, so while we all miss you, we also understand your need to take it slowly.

Please know our thoughts continue to be with all of you. I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved doggie on top of everything else. Please give Sarah a big hug.

kristine_elen
07-23-2005, 03:31 PM
You are in our thoughts often. Hoping you have more good days than bad.

lmintzer
07-23-2005, 06:46 PM
Hi Beth. It's really nice to hear from you. It sounds like you guys area doing as well as possible under the circumstances. I'm glad to hear Sarah is doing so well. It's such a hard thing for a kid her age to process, and it sounds like you're doing such a fabulous job with her which is really to your credit given your own sadness.

You did such a good thing with the tissue donation--what a wonderful way to honor your little girl--to give life (or health) to someone else. She lives on through those she helps as well as in your hearts. It was an act of selflessness, courage, and true kindness. I would hope I would have the strength to do the same.

I can imagine posting here is hard in some ways, but know that we are a community behind you and with you in your grief and every step of the way in your healing process.

Best wishes.

houseof3boys
07-23-2005, 09:01 PM
Miss you Beth and think about you and your family.

My best to you!

kijip
07-23-2005, 10:11 PM
What a great way to use the memorial fund money. I can imagine the boards would be painful right now as you mourn Leah. Glad to hear that Sarah is doing well. Take care and join in as you feel up to doing so.

aliceinwonderland
07-23-2005, 10:31 PM
It's great to hear from you. I think you of you and your family frequently.

bluej
07-24-2005, 06:15 AM
It's good to hear from you Beth. Thank you for keeping us updated about your lives. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Judegirl
07-24-2005, 01:54 PM
Hello, Beth, and welcome "back." :) I'm sorry to hear about Cokie...but sad news aside, it's wonderful to see you.

Best,
Jude

mysweetboy
07-24-2005, 02:04 PM
Beth, I'm so sorry about the loss of Cokie. I know how much fur-babies are a part of our families.

I know that there's nothing else I can say that hasn't already been said. I just want you to know that I think about you often and wish you and your family healing and comfort.

Hugs,
Lori
mommy to Charlie, 5/04
and a sweet baby girl due 10/05!

barbarhow
07-24-2005, 07:11 PM
Beth-it is so wonderful to hear from you. I am so sorry to hear of the additional loss of Cokie. Must have been heartbreaking to have this happen as well. Animals tend to be such a comfort during times of loss-how sorry I am.
Good to hear that Sarah is doing well-it must be so hard for a little one to go through this and no that there is pain and why but not always fully understand the depth of the pain that you and Adam must be feeling.
I think of all of you often and pray for all of you. Continue to heal as best you can and come back when you are ready.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

tarahsolazy
07-24-2005, 10:08 PM
You are very missed around here. Thank you so much for updating us on how your family is doing.

tippy
07-25-2005, 12:16 AM
Beth,

I'm so sorry to hear about Cokie. You have been through so much. I'm glad you are giving yourself the time you need to grieve and heal. I'm also happy to hear that Sarah is having a joyful summer.

On a personal note...my sister lost her fourth and last child (she had her tubes cauterized during her last delivery) when she was three months old. There is now some question as to whether it was due to SIDS or pneumonia but in any case the EMT's were able to revive her after my sister’s nanny found the baby wasn't breathing. Unfortunately by that time Krista had lost all brain function. My sister and her husband made the difficult decision of removing her from life support. The hospital asked if they would donate her organs and help another child but my sister just couldn't do it. I respect and understand her decision but must admit that I was disapointed. For me it would have meant that Krista didn't die in vain and I truly believe it would have helped my sister and her husband to cope with their loss. (I want to stress that these are MY feelings about the circumstances my family was dealing with at the time and I don't judge right or wrong anyone’s decision in such a personal matter). My sister has had a very difficult time getting over the loss of her child and it has really affected her family. I admire your ability to make the decesion you did.

I am so happy that you have the support of your family, these boards, and really seem to be allowing yourself to grieve and in the process begin to heal. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you, your family, Leah and Cokie.

Teva

vikivoly
07-25-2005, 12:42 AM
Beth,

It is so nice to hear from you. You and your family are in my thoughts often. Thank you for the update. I'm sorry to hear about Cokie, I'm sure that was very difficult for you. Dogs, like kids, can be a source of comfort during trying times in our lives. It's sad that she was taken from you when you needed her most.

You continue to be in my prayers. I miss you.

mary b
07-25-2005, 07:58 AM
Beth,

Thanks so much for checking in . Like the others, I too, think of you, Sarah and Leah often especially with the upcoming birthdays of Sarah and my DD. You are SO missed around here.

I am so sorry to hear about Cokie!

I will continue to keep you all in my prayers.

Take care,
Mary
Mom to Noelle and Lindsey

Kate888
07-25-2005, 09:15 AM
Beth, it's so nice to see you here! Thanks for giving us the update. I'm sorry about Cokie, you must miss her very much. You and your family have touched so many lives in the world. Thank you!

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02 baby Nolan 5-2-05 http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/babyboy.gif

votre_ami03
07-25-2005, 09:39 AM
Beth, It is wonderful to see you here again. You are a very valued member of this great community.

What a beautiful thing you have done.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030722/1/7/2/-7/.png

brigmaman
07-25-2005, 11:40 AM
Beth, I'm glad to see you checking in. I'm so sorry about Cokie. What a wonderful idea for Leah's fund. Hugs to Sarah- so happy she's enjoying the summer.

starrynight
07-25-2005, 12:15 PM
Beth, it is very good to see you around and to hear how you are doing. I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your dog. {{{{hugs}}} I wish I had better words for you.

I'm glad to hear how well Sarah is doing at camp :).

sugarsnappea
07-25-2005, 01:59 PM
Beth it is so good to *see* you around again. Your family is in my thoughts. I am so sorry to hear about your pet dog. Many hugs to you and your family.

LucyG
07-25-2005, 02:53 PM
It's so good to hear from you, Beth! I think of you often, and I appreciate your thoughtfulness in letting us know how you're doing. I send continued thoughts for healing to you, Adam and Sarah.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif[/img][/url]
2 years and counting!

turtledove
07-25-2005, 02:59 PM
Beth - it is really great to hear from you, your presence here has definitely been missed. I am very sorry to hear about Cokie. You and your family have been through so much. Thank you for posting an update. Take care, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

caridura
07-25-2005, 04:02 PM
Beth, it's so nice to see you on the board again. I appreciate the update on your family and am SO sorry about your dog. Your family is never far from my thoughts.

jamsmu
07-25-2005, 04:07 PM
Beth,

Thanks for checking in... its obvious we're all thinking of you often. So sorry to hear about Cokie.

Thanks for the update--glad camp is so great for Sarah.

You continue to be in our thoughts.

calebsmama03
07-25-2005, 04:20 PM
Beth, you've been in my thoughts often and I continue to pray for you ad your family. Thank you for the update, and God bless!
Lynne
Mommy to C 3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And Miss Purple, 5/05

TahliasMom
07-25-2005, 04:48 PM
hugs and prayers to you and your family in such time of sorrow...

trumansmom
07-26-2005, 02:59 PM
I've been out of town and and just saw this message today. Count me among those who think of you daily. I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. I know how much she meant to you.

On a random note, I was in an airport this morning and there was a beautiful preschool age little girl with with her parents who had shoulder length hair and bangs. Her mother resembled the pictures I've seen of you. I know they must have thought they were being stalked by a crazy woman until I heard them call her "Genevieve." I was so disappointed. For a moment there, I was certain I was going to have a WONDERFUL story to share on the board!

Oh well. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as your healing process continues. We'll be here when you are ready. You are so, so missed.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

lynettefrancois
07-26-2005, 03:55 PM
Beth, I don't know what to say, except we miss you! Your family is in my prayers. Hugs! And check in again soon!