PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a treadmill they love?

sbirmantaz
07-24-2005, 09:02 AM
My "baby" is 20 months now and I need to lose this baby weight! I am researching treadmills does anyone have one that they really like at home? Thanks!
Sharon
dd #1 09/24/02
dd #2 11/19/03

mudder17
07-24-2005, 09:30 AM
We love our TRUE treadmill. It's a bit larger than most home treadmills, although not as large as some of the fancier ones. It's very stable and quite quiet compared to a lot of the other treadmills. I walked on it, but DH (170 at the time) did a lot of running on it. It has some decent programs on it as well, combining incline with speed.

ETA: My sister is a runner and she loves her Landice, but that would have been overkill for us. The TRUE is definitely still a high-end, which is so worth it, but it's a bit more affordable than most Landice. I think my sister's Landice is also a little larger than our TRUE.

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 17 months & counting

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_4_Kaya+is.png

kellyotn
07-24-2005, 09:39 AM
All I can add, is get a **good** one or don't bother. We inherited a junky one, and it stinks. Literally and figuratively. There's a hot rubber smell when its working, it doesn't have enough oomph so you pretty much have to plant your feet and push the belt back semi-manually. Not a very natural cadence! ;-) Just waiting for large garbage day to dump the thing.

I've been walking/jogging (lightly) with the kids in a stroller. I just can't find the time to workout with them otherwise. But, in the future if we decide to get a treadmill, it will be a nicer one with a decent motor.

We do have an old Nordic Track. I don't know how you feel about them, but they are a GREAT workout. And, you can find them cheap at garage sales or in the classifieds/Craigslist.

npace19147
07-24-2005, 10:18 AM
We have a Landice which is very expensive but well worth the money - had it for over a year now and no problems at all.

smomom
07-24-2005, 02:39 PM
We've had a Pacemaster for about 4 years and I love it. I agree with the others - if you're going to buy a treadmill, buy a good one. Go to a store that specializing in selling them to see some in person. Our treadmill cost a lot, but it was one of the best purchases we've ever made.

BillK
07-24-2005, 02:44 PM
My wife has a Trimline 4000 - I'm sure it's a new model by now (it's been around about 5 years now) and she seems happy with it. She's run 4 marathons so far and trains with it in the winter and it's held up well.

sbirmantaz
07-24-2005, 06:47 PM
Hi, thanks for all of the replies. I was originally going to get a used one, but now I think it may be worth the cost so that I also have the original warranty. I am lucky to have a fitness distributor nearby, so I am going to go down there and check out some of the brands you all have, thanks!
Sharon
dd #1 09/24/02
dd #2 11/19/03