PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Ann, any update?

Elilly
07-25-2005, 03:23 PM
I'm sure that I'm not alone in that I've been keeping you and your little one in my thoughts. How are you guys doing?

kensjen
07-25-2005, 04:03 PM
Yes, I was thinking of you also. Hope things are well. Check in when you have a chance. :)

jamsmu
07-25-2005, 04:05 PM
chiming in to let you know I'm thinking of you.

alkagift
07-26-2005, 11:19 AM
Bump so that she or someone she knows might see it and know we're thinking about her.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew, who is TWO!

buddyleebaby
07-26-2005, 11:33 AM
I was just debating on asking for an update when I saw this post.
I've been thinking about you and your ds. I hope everything is alright.

kensjen
07-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Just bumping this again....:)

kelly ann
07-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Right after my last post on Wednesday, DH called me and said the local hospital wanted to transfer him right away to a better equipped hospital in downtown Chicago. So DS was driven over in an ambulance and had a bone biopsy surgery on Thursday afternoon.

The doctors said the problem with the thigh was either a bone infection or a tumor. After the surgery they thought it was an infection, but were not 100% sure because DS was not showing some of the typical symptoms. We finally got the results back last night and it is an infection.

WHEW!! It is still serious, but we are so happy that it is not a tumor. We started DS on a 4-6 week antibiotic treatment this afternoon. At first it was to be IV, but the medicine is oral.

I really think I have aged a year during the last week - I cannot believe everything that has happened...we really just thought it was a pulled muscle. I am looking forward to getting back to regular life, but unfortunately my maternity leave ends this week :(

Thank you everyone for your prayers and good thoughts - I am positive it made a difference.

jamsmu
07-26-2005, 05:11 PM
KellyAnn, I am so sorry the past week has been so difficult for you and your family. And its terrible that you have to go back to work--so untimely. But at least you were able to be home last week and this --its clearly an important time to cuddle with your family.

So happy the infection is curable!!! It could have been a million times worse, and its great that you and your DH caught it when you did.

As always, thinking of you,

Karenn
07-26-2005, 05:15 PM
I'm so glad you posted an update, and so glad it wasn't a tumor! A bone infection isn't good news, but I bet it's a lot easier to treat. I hope he's feeling better soon!

barbarhow
07-26-2005, 06:55 PM
Kelly Ann-I am so relieved that it is osteo and not a tumor. How scary either way!!! Hope you all are doing well. Thoughts and prayers continue to be with you guys.
Think about acidophillus as the antibiotics can be torture on his tummy.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

zuzu
07-26-2005, 07:51 PM
Thanks for taking the time to update us. I'm glad it's not a tumor and that you caught it early.

I'm sure it has been a difficult week for your family, and I'm sorry you're heading back to work soon. Hugs.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

mudder17
07-26-2005, 07:59 PM
BIG hugs! I'm so sorry you have to go back to work, but I'm glad the news is much better than it could have been! The infections sounds pretty serious, but it looks like it'll be curable and he'll eventually be 100%!

It's so scary when our DC's get sick, but much worse when you don't know what it is but you know it's serious! I'm glad they were able to figure it out and they can treat it! Take care and I'll be keeping you and your DS in my prayers for quick recovery (and no complications from the antibiotics). As Barbara said, consider the acidophilous!

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 17 months & counting

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_4_Kaya+is.png

jk3
07-26-2005, 08:24 PM
How scary. I hope he is feeling better as soon as possible.

Jenn
DS 6/3/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

hez
07-26-2005, 09:03 PM
More (((hugs)))

I'm sorry your DS has an infection, but I'm relieved with you that it isn't a tumor. I hope you can salvage some part of your mat leave to enjoy so you can love on your kiddos and ignore the rest of it all. I'll keep sending positive thoughts your way as you go into your transition to working mommy!

brigmaman
07-26-2005, 10:33 PM
Hoping for a speedy recovery for your ds. Poor little guy. :(

dowlinal
07-26-2005, 10:38 PM
Thank you for updating us. I am glad to hear that it is an infection and not something worse. I hope that he has a speedy and uneventful recovery!

mharling
07-26-2005, 10:45 PM
I'm so glad you updated us; I have been thinking about you all and hoping for the best. I'm relieved for you that it's not a tumor, although I'm sure it's no fun regardless. Lots of healing vibes to your ds. And good luck with your transition back to work; I'm sure you'll be glad when everything settles down. Hope everything is going well with your dd!

Mary - Some days work. Some days don't.
Lane - April 2003
Faye - March 2005

thomma
07-26-2005, 10:54 PM
I've been thinking about your situation since your original post. What an awful week for your family! It's so difficult when our little ones are sick. I hope your ds feels better soon. Your family is in my thoughts.

Kim
t&e 5/03

buddyleebaby
07-27-2005, 12:14 AM
Thank God it's nothing worse.
Hope he's better soon.

HannaAddict
07-27-2005, 01:29 AM
I am so relieved that it is not a tumor, though I know an infection can be serious too. I hope your little guy is feeling better these days and that the antibiotics knock it out asap. I'm sure you feel like you've been through the ringer. Just reading your posts makes my heart skip a beat, wondering what the update will be. You must be exhausted. Good thought for your family continue. Is there any way you can extend your leave a little? Please take care and I hope you can get a little breather before going back to work. Take care.

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

himom
07-27-2005, 05:08 AM
Glad to hear they figured it out and are treating it! I hope he gets better soon and you can enjoy your last week of maternity leave.

octmom
07-27-2005, 08:47 AM
I'm glad that the docs were able to figure out what was wrong and hope that this course of treatment will clear up the infection quickly. ((Hugs)) to your whole fmaily, especially as you get ready to go back to work. I'll keep sending good thoughts your way.

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

ribbit1019
07-27-2005, 09:02 AM
My goodness what a week. I am so glad to hear that it isn't a tumor or worse though!!
Maybe they would give you an extra week or so to deal with DS's infection?
Hugs and I am so glad he will be o.k.

Christy
Maddy - weaned at 13 months

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png
Baby Grew! Yay!
http://lilypie.com/days/060301/4/0/0/-5/.png

Elilly
07-27-2005, 09:12 AM
So glad it is a bone infection. Being in the medical profession, my mind was racing with possibilities. Sorry that this is happening at the end of your maternity leave. I know how stressfull it can be to leave a new little one who is having health issues. Hopefully you can get some good rest in the next few days and get your youthfulness back!!!

Puddy73
07-27-2005, 11:24 AM
Big hugs to you and your whole family! I'm so glad that it was the lesser of two evils. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/03 & a little pumpkin due 10/05

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Sarah1
07-27-2005, 11:46 AM
Kelly Ann--

I'm so glad he is OK and it's not a tumor! What a scary experience for you. I Hope you're feeling OK.

c2lane
07-27-2005, 12:53 PM
How scary. I'm glad that it's nothing too serious and that he's being treated. You poor thing. Big hugs to all of you!

~Carrie
mom to Dillan Rose 01/02/04
& our 2nd blessing due 10/6/05

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040102/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]
http://lilypie.com/days/051006/2/5/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]