PDA

View Full Version : What kind of flooring do you have in DC's room? If you feel like it, please add why you chose what you did.

chlobo
07-27-2005, 12:09 PM

amp
07-27-2005, 01:40 PM
wall to wall carpet, but that's all we could afford when we bought this house new. If money weren't an object, I don't know if that's what I would have picked.

elliput
07-27-2005, 01:45 PM
DD's room came with wall to wall carpet, though I *know* there is hardwood underneath!

Momof3Labs
07-27-2005, 02:00 PM
Wall-to-wall carpeting, and I hate it!! The area near the changing table is worn flat from so much standing on it, and I hate when Colin gets sick and I'm down scrubbing the carpet around his crib.

He'll have hardwood in our new house (move on Friday!) and I'm so looking forward to it, though we'll probably add a washable area rug to soften things up. If we stayed in this house, we would have extended the hardwood into his room later this year.

crayonblue
07-27-2005, 02:08 PM
We have wall to wall carpeting and I don't like it. If I had my choice, we would have hardwood in all the bedrooms and area rugs.

Our basement is all tile and our main floor is all hardwood and I have to say I love these rooms far more than the carpeted rooms upstairs.

Sarah1
07-27-2005, 02:17 PM
I'm in the minority--we have carpet in our bedrooms, and I love it. When we moved in, all the floors were hardwood, and we actually covered the hardwood in the bedrooms w/carpet. I like it because I just feel like if Audrey rolls out of bed, she's falling on carpet, and it's softer...and she can jump and play and do somersaults in her room...the obvious downside is that it does get dirty and it's not as easy to clean as an area rug or hardwood.

bunnisa
07-27-2005, 02:20 PM
We have berber, and I think it's ideal for children's rooms. It's a very low loop pile, so bits of things don't "disappear" into it, and yet it's cushioned enough that I don't have to worry about a fall sending him to the ER.

Ideally, I'd like hardwood with a rug, but this is much more practical IMO.

Bethany
mom to one and one on the way!
http://lilypie.com/days/060226/0/8/1/-6/.png

TraciG
07-27-2005, 02:26 PM
I also have carpet in the bedrooms, we live in a apartment & we actually also covered the hardwood floors, I think it's nice for Sydney to sit on it, much more comfy, she hasn't gotten sick on it yet, thank God !! As soon as it's vacumed it look's good again, & it's a rose color, nice & girly !!!!!!!!

marinkitty
07-27-2005, 02:30 PM
Well, our whole house is hardwood except the basement - both kids' rooms have area rugs - Mia's only takes up about 1/2 her floor whereas in the nursery the rug covers most of the room.

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03) and baby brother Jack (3.23.05)

kensjen
07-27-2005, 03:18 PM
We also have berber upstairs. I really do like it in Jonah's room. I do wish that I had hardwood in my room, I love hardwood!

BillK
07-27-2005, 03:53 PM
I installed Pergo in our son's nursery with a nice oval area rug thinger in front of his crib.

entttc
07-30-2005, 03:52 AM
Hardwood, but we have those bright colored rubber interlocking floor mats from Sam's club over them. They are great! A nice soft landing for all of her adventures and easy to clean.