PDA

View Full Version : what shampoo do you use for dc?

anamika
07-29-2005, 02:07 PM
hi all,
my dd has really curly hair (so cute) like mine but unfortunately it's also really dry like mine. normally i wouldn't bother about it but when my nototriously unobservant dh comments on how dry her scalp and hair are, i think it's time to rectify matters.
we use aveeno bath liquid (can't remember the exact name) which can be used for both body and hair.
can someone please recommend a moisturizing shampoo for her? ( i guess they don't make conditioners for babies - my poor dd - the curse of dry hair and skin is on her already :(). she has eczema too. also any recommendations for other baby gunk to put on her scalp to moisturise it?
tia,

BeachBaby
07-29-2005, 03:07 PM
My daughter also has curly hair, though I'm not sure that its dry. I have been using California Baby. They make a few varieties of shampoo and at least one conditioner. I put the conditioner in and then use a comb to comb it through and then leave it on for a minute or two. They also make a spray-on/leave-in conditioner that I think you can use on dry hair (dry as in not wet :)).

HTH!

anamika
07-29-2005, 03:41 PM
thanks. i didn't realize there were conditioners for babies. i guess some of them just need 'em.
i have heard good things about ca baby. time to try it out now. do you know if any stores carry them?

murpheyblue
07-29-2005, 04:18 PM
Our Whole Foods has a very wide selection of CA Baby. You can alos get it lots of places online. Try www.babycenter.com. They always seem to be running a sale on it.

caleymama
07-29-2005, 05:30 PM
My oldest has curly hair and I love the California Baby products. We use the Calming shampoo and conditioner and sometimes use the leave-in conditioner instead of or in addition to the regular conditioner. The 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner products were just too much for her fine hair (made it dingy) but she really needs a conditioner of some sort. The CB stuff is great! I ordered regular sizes from babycenter.com and got a travel/sample pack at Buy Buy Baby. I think drugstore.com carries some of the line as well IIRC. Also, we tried the J&J toddler conditioner that just came out recently and I didn't like it all for her - too heavy.

christic
07-29-2005, 05:38 PM
We skip the shampoo altogether and only use conditioner on my daughter's very long curly hair. The water and conditioner get out whatever's in her hair at the time--paint, yogurt, you name it!--just fine, and her hair has been much easier to deal with now that I've stopped using shampoo on her. I bought some from Loreal that smells pretty strongly of grape, and just put it on and comb through.

good luck!

Chris

anamika
07-29-2005, 06:36 PM
Hi all you moms of curly haired kids :)
Thanks for the input. I will try CA baby products and also the trick of just using conditioner. Our wholefoods might have them too. I will check it out.
Thanks again,