PDA

View Full Version : I (briefly) misplaced the baby last night

AngelaS
08-10-2005, 06:15 AM
I was cleaning up from supper and the big girls were playing with baby, I thought. I didn't hear her tho, so I asked A where she was. "I don't know". So we both started looking all over the downstairs for her. I sent A UPSTAIRS since I knew she could do a couple stairs at a time and A found her---in my room, VERY proud of herself!

Rachels
08-10-2005, 06:18 AM
Yikes! That happens to everybody eventually, I think, though. My mom tells a story of thinking my dad was with me at about the same time that he thought she had me. She got a call from a neighbor asking, "Do you know that Rachel is dancing naked on the car?"

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02
New baby coming in October!
(Holy smokes, it's a boy!!!)

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amethyst_36m.gif
Nursed for three years!

bluej
08-10-2005, 08:12 AM
LOL Rachel! I bet they were hoping that you weren't practicing for a future career! I wonder if that is how Tawny Kataen (sp?) got started?

amazz
08-10-2005, 09:46 AM
Well if your 10 mos old is moving like my 10 mos old is, I'm sure it isn't hard to lose her, especially with other kids "watching" her. I can't believe how fast they can move!!! Can M go up the stairs already?

OT, but have you had your surgery yet? If so, how are you feeling?

Angela
mama to my raisin and furry mama to Chloe
~ A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

AngelaS
08-10-2005, 11:02 AM
Um, yeah she was up the top of the stairs!

Surgery was 6 days ago. I'd be feeling better if I weren't lugging around my 22lb wonder! :D

brigmaman
08-10-2005, 11:09 AM
Whoa! Thanks for sharing. Usually it's just me who forgets where Cadie is. This morning I swore I didn't see her on the moniter. I came downstairs and dh had already gone to work and dd obviously wasn't down here by herself. But she hadn't been in her crib, I thought! I ran upstairs and she was still sleeping peacefully in her crib. I am going to lose my mind by the time she's one.

nov02mom
08-10-2005, 09:09 PM
OMG!! Were you starting to freak out? I bet she thought she was really something!