PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Island anyone ????

TraciG
08-13-2005, 08:04 PM
Ok so now we're looking into Paradise Island, Bahama's for our first vacation as a family ( Sydney 21 months ) Has anyone stayed at a hotel near Atlantis that u can actually use the Atlantis pools ??? Also has anyone stayed at Atlantis, was it worth the money ????????

jk3
08-13-2005, 08:13 PM
We stayed at Club Med which is adjacent to the Atlantis. It worked well for us since we spent most of our time at the beach and benefited from the nightlife at the Atlantis. This was pre-DS. I would splurge for the Atlantis if at all possible especially if you are going with your DD. It's fabulous!

Jenn
DS 6/3/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

jd11365
08-13-2005, 10:05 PM
My step-mom loved the Atlantis. If you have the $, enjoy yourself. When was the last time you had a great vacation?! :) I think they have a cool aquarium I'm sure Sydney would enjoy.

ddmarsh
08-14-2005, 06:43 AM
We've stayed at the Atlantis and I agree it is a great splurge and well worth it. You can save some money staying there by staying in one of the outlying buildings (forget what they are called), not the main, new building that you see in all of the pictures. We stayed in the main building and I recall hearing from a friend that they paid much less to stay in one of the others. Since there is so little to do in the town I think it's really great to stay there with kids because there is so much to do.

steph2003
08-14-2005, 08:10 AM
I think at one time you could stay elsewhere & then pay a daily fee to use the Atlantis facilities (water slides, etc.) but they stopped this (I think) because of over crowding & guests paying to stay at Atlantis were complaining (rightly so).

We've stayed in the main building of Atlantis on my DH's company's dime...but we went a night early & could only get one of the outlying rooms & there was no comparison - the outlying room was the equivalent of a motel. I would have been sorely disappointed had I stayed there the whole time. Don't get me wrong it was adequate but not what you would expect for the high price tag. That was several years ago though & perhaps it has changed?

The main building is extremely nice & more "luxury." We didn't love Atlantis - everything was expensive (as is anything in the Bahamas though!) & the service horrible IMHO. I remember standing one evening in a hotel bar & waiting 30 minutes for the bartender to take my drink order & fill it. If you stay at Atlantis you are pretty much forced to eat on site - think $13 burgers poolside. It is kinda like Disney in the Caribbean! Don't get me wrong it was fun & might be worth doing once but we aren't rushing back ;)